1. On Sep 16, British Pakistani boxer______ became the first boxer with type-one diabetes to win a professional fight.
(a) Mahmood Khan (b) Atif Khan
(c) Jamal Khattak (d) Muhammad Ali
2. The topic of the short story that won Zahra Hussain the first prize in an essay competition organized by the British Royal Commonwealth Society, was ______.
(a) An Odd Company (b) Our Common World
(c) Hues of Red (d) Inheritance
3. On ______, the ‘UK-Pakistan Justice and Accountability Partnership’, which would work towards repatriation of illicit finances, recovery of stolen assets and putting a check on money laundering, was launched.
(a) Sep 16 (b) Sep 17
(c) Sep 18 (d) Sep 20
4. On Sep 17, PTI’s Ali Muhammad Khan took oath as minister of state for______.
(a) Parliamentary Affairs
(b) Defence Production
(c) Interior (d) Finance
5. On Sep 17, ____ won the 3rd national ranking snooker championship.
(a) Saeed Ali (b) Asif Toba
(c) Rehman Khan (d) Babar Masih
6. Finance Minister Asad Umar presented a supplementary budget of the PTI government on ______.
(a) Sep 16 (b) Sep 17
(c) Sep 18 (d) Sep 19
7. On Sep 19, ______ removed former finance minister Ishaq Dar from the chairmanship of the BoG of the University of Health Sciences, Lahore.
(a) Governor Punjab (b) Supreme Court
(c) President (d) LHC
8. On Sep 19, Punjab and ______ agreed on joint initiatives for the awareness and cure of diabetes in Punjab.
(a) Denmark (b) Sweden
(c) Latvia (d) China
9. On Sep 19, ______ suspended the sentences given to Mian Nawaz Sharif, Maryam Nawaz and Capt Safdar.
(a) LHC (b) Supreme Court
(c) SHC (d) IHC
10. On Sep 20, Pakistan was once again elected as a member of BoG of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) for ______ time.
(a) 18th (b) 19th
(c) 20th (d) 24th
Read More: National & International MCQs (Aug-Sep 2018)
11. On Sep 22, the federal government appointed ______ Sindh chief secretary.
(a) Lt Gen Naeem Ashraf (b) Mumtaz Ali Shah
(c) Shahid Baig Mirza (d) Humayun Aziz
12. Pakistani women have won 3 gold, 4 silver and 3 bronze medals at the Asian Power lifting and Bench Press Championship that was held in ______.
(a) Dubai (b) Kuala Lumpur
(c) Beijing (d) New Delhi
13. On Sep 24, the new US diplomat to Pakistan, _____, began his assignment as the chargé d’affaires at the US Embassy in Islamabad.
(a) Paul Jones (b) Adam Sterling
(c) Keith Eddins (d) Ronald Weiser
14. As per the study “Measuring Human Capital: A systematic analysis of 195 countries and territories, 1990 to 2016,” Pakistan ranked ______ in the world in terms of its investment in education and healthcare.
(a) 159th (b) 164th
(c) 178th (d) 194th
15. On Sep 25, two Pakistani women, ______ of Soul Sisters Pakistan and Nadia Patel Gangjee of Sheops were selected for the Facebook leadership programme.
(a) Sadaf Hira (b) Fiza Farhan
(c) Kanwal Ahmed (b) Rukhsana Parveen
16. On Sep 26, Pakistan’s Muhammad Bilal and Babar Masih won medals at the Asian 6-Red Snooker Championship that was held in ______.
(a) Shanghai (b) Manama
(c) Dubai (d) Doha
17. On Sep 27, ______ defeated Sara Mansoor to clinch the Subh-e-Nau National Ladies Tennis title.
(a) Sarah Mahboob (b) Sara Mansoor
(c) Mahvish Chishtie (d) Mehaq Khokhar
18. On Sep 27, ______ was appointed the chairman of the Pakistan Television Corporation (PTV).
(a) Awn Chaudry (b) Arshad Khan
(c) Saad Bokhari (d) Arif Abbasi
19. Pakistan Navy celebrated the World Maritime Day 2018 on ______ under the theme: ‘Our Heritage — better shipping for a better future’.
(a) Sep 25 (b) Sep 26
(c) Sep 27 (d) Sep 29
20. On Sep 27, Pakistan and ______ signed three grants-in-aid agreements worth $16 million
(a) Indonesia (b) Japan
(c) UAE (d) Saudi Arabia
21. On Sep 27, Pakistan and ______ signed an intergovernmental agreement to conduct feasibility study for building $10 billion offshore gas pipeline.
(a) Azerbaijan (b) Turkmenistan
(c) Turkey (d) Russia
22. Former PIA MD/Chairman Chaudhry Ahmad Saeed passed away on ______.
(a) Sep 24 (b) Sep 26
(c) Sep 28 (d) Sep 29
23. On Sep 30, PTI’s Raja Jalal Hussain Magpoon took the oath as the sixth governor of ______.
(a) Sindh (b) Gilgit-Baltistan
(c) Balochistan (d) KP
24. On Oct 02, the federal government appointed Mr Yousaf Naseem Khokher the chief secretary of ______.
(a) KP (b) Punjab
(c) Balochistan (d) Sindh
25. On Oct 03, the PTI candidate ______ won the election for the Senate seat from Punjab with 181 votes.
(a) Dr Shahzad Waseem (b) Waleed Iqbal
(c) Humayun Akhtar Khan (d) Shahzada Ameer Ali
26. The National Assembly passed the Finance Supplementary (Amendment) Bill 2018, generally known as minibudget, on ______.
(a) Oct 01 (b) Oct 02
(c) Oct 03 (d) Oct 05
27. According to the Constitution, the maximum strength of the federal cabinet can be ____.
(a) 39 (b) 49
(c) 54 (d) 79
28. On Oct 05, President Arif Alvi constituted a 13-member National Economic Council which will be chaired by the ______.
(a) Governor SBP (b) Prime Minister
(c) Finance Minister (d) None of these
29. On Oct 07, the National Bank of Pakistan won the Chief of Naval Staff Hockey Championship trophy that was played at the National Hockey Stadium, ______.
(a) Quetta (b) Karachi
(c) Rawalpindi (d) Lahore
30. On Oct 07, the ______ announced a $7.1 billion financial package for Pakistan.
(a) China (b) UAE
(c) ADB (d) IDB
31. On Oct 08, ______ and Punjab Board of Investment & Trade (PBIT) agreed to boost cooperation in various fields.
(a) Sweden (b) Netherlands
(c) France (d) Germany
32. The only liquid fuel ballistic missile in Pakistan’s arsenal is _____.
(a) Ghaznavi (b) Shahab
(c) Ghauri (d) Babar
33. Rabiya Javeri Agha, the first woman president of the PAS Officers Association, currently holds the post of Federal Secretary for ______.
(a) Water & Power (b) Human Rights
(c) Finance (d) Interior
34. On Oct 10, ______ was named as the new DG of premier spy agency Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).
(a) Lt Gen Asim Munir
(b) Lt Gen Azhar Saleh Abbasi
(c) Lt Gen Nadeem Zaki
(d) Lt Gen Shaheen Mazher
35. On Oct 10, a PTI leader ______ was appointed the chairman of Prime Minister’s Youth Programme.
(a) Zulfi Bukhari (b) Awn Bokhari
(c) Malaika Ismail (d) Usman Dar
36. On Oct 15, the NA Speaker Asad Qaisar announced ____ Parliamentary Committee to probe allegations of rigging in general election 2018.
(a) 20-member (b) 25-member
(d) 28-member (d) 30-member
1. On Sep 16, Olympic champion Eliud Kipchoge set a new marathon world record by clocking a time of 2hr 1min 39sec.
(a) Kenyan (b) Nigerian
(c) Indonesian (d) Algerian
2. On Sep 16, Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed and ______ President Isaias Afwerki signed the Jeddah Peace Agreement.
(a) Sudanese (b) Eritrean
(c) Djiboutian (d) Kenyan
3. On Sep 17, Meredith Corp., the publisher of a prestigious publication, Time Magazine, sold it to Marc Benloff, a co-founder of ______.
(a) Amazon (b) Sales Force
(c) Tesla (d) WhatsApp
4. Marzuki Darusman, who headed the UN fact-finding mission on Myanmar, belonged to ______.
(a) Lithuania (b) Indonesia
(c) Iceland (d) Bahrain
5. On Sep 17, ______ rolled out the world’s first hydrogen-powered trains that only emit steam and water.
(a) Japan (b) China
(c) UK (d) Germany
6. The ______ billionaire Yusaku Maezawa will be the SpaceX’s first private passenger on a voyage around the moon.
(a) Irish (b) Malaysian
(c) Mexican (d) Japanese
7. The joint military exercise “Mt Everest Friendship Exercise (or Sagarmatha Friendship-2018 was held by the militaries of ______.
(a) India & China (b) Nepal & China
(c) Bhutan & China (d) India & Nepal
8. On Sep 18, Kamlesh Nilkanth Vyas was appointed the chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission of India, replacing ______.
(a) Shekhar Basu (b) Salim Ali
(c) KK Josh (d) Abhish Shivam
9. The founder of California-based aerospace manufacturer and space transportation services company, SpaceX, is ______.
(a) Steve Jurtson (b) Elon Musk
(c) Adeo Ressi (d) Justine Musk
10. On ______, the Indian government issued an executive order making the Islamic practice of “instant divorce” a criminal offence
(a) Sep 17 (b) Sep 18
(c) Sep 19 (d) Sep 20
11. On Sep 20, Afghanistan’s ambassador to ______ Dr Shaida Abdali stepped down.
(a) Turkey (b) India
(c) Pakistan (d) China
12. On Sep 20, Daria Bilodid of ______ made history by becoming the youngest world judo champion.
(a) Ukraine (b) Australia
(c) Greece (d) Spain
13. On Sep 20, ______ List A cricketer Shahbaz Nadeem produced the best bowling figures in List-A cricket when he got 8 wickets for only 10 runs.
(a) Pakistani (b) Afghan
(c) Bangladeshi (d) Indian
14. The International Day of Peace is observed every year on ______.
(a) Sep 18 (b) Sep 19
(c) Sep 20 (d) Sep 21
15. On Sep 21, Tran Dai Quang, the President of ______, passed away.
(a) Vietnam (b) Venezuela
(c) Guatemala (d) Panama
16. On Sep 22, an audacious attack was carried out on an Iranian military parade in ______.
(a) Bagh-e Malek (b) Abadan
(c) Ahvaz (d) Andika
17. On Sep 23, former world number one Karolina Pliskova defeated ______ ace Naomi Osaka to win the Pan Pacific Open.
(a) Chinese (b) Cambodian
(c) Indonesian (d) Japanese
18. On Sep 23, ______ launched the world’s biggest health insurance scheme.
(a) China (b) India
(c) Turkey (d) Japan
19. Biswanath Dutt, who passed away on Sep 24, was a former President of ______.
(a) SAARC (b) UNGA
(b) BCCI (c) IOC
20. Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin on Sep 04, ______.
(a) 1998 (b) 2000
(c) 2001 (d) 2002
21. ______ has won the 2018 Presidential Election of Maldives.
(a) Yameen Abdul Gayoom (b) Mohamed Waheed Hassan
(c) Ibrahim Mohamed Solih (d) Mohamed Nasheed
22. On Sep 24, the Nelson Mandela Peace Summit 2018 was held in ______.
(a) Geneva (b) New York
(c) Harare (d) Pretoria
23. María Fernanda Espinosa of ______ is the President of the current session (73rd) of the UN General Assembly.
(a) Ghana (b) Ecuador
(c) Nigeria (d) S. Africa
24. ‘Making the United Nations Relevant to All People: Global Leadership and Shared Responsibilities for Peaceful, Equitable and Sustainable Societies’, was the theme of the general debate of the ______ session of the UNGA.
(a) 70th (b) 71st
(c) 72nd (d) 73rd
25. Riksdagen is the parliament of ______.
(a) Sweden (b) Austria
(c) Switzerland (d) Germany
26. On Sep 25, Luka Modric of ______ won the FIFA’s best player of the year award for 2018.
(a) Brazil (b) Argentina
(c) Croatia (d) France
27. The first-ever women-only foreign ministers conference was held in______, Canada.
(a) Ottawa (b) Montreal
(c) Vancouver (d) Toronto
28. The United Nations has declared the period from —— as the Nelson Mandela Decade of Peace.
(a) 2019 to 2028 (b) 2020 to 2029
(c) 2021 to 2030 (d) 2024 to 2033
29. The Nansen Refugee Award 2018 has been conferred on Dr Evan Atar Adaha, a doctor from ______.
(a) Syria (b) South Sudan
(c) Zambia (d) Maldives
30. As per the 2018 Times Higher Education World University Rankings, ______ is the best university in the world.
(a) Cambridge (b) Harvard
(c) Stanford (d) Oxford
31. On Sep 27, ______ Supreme Court ruled that adultery is no longer a crime, striking down a 158-year-old colonial-era law.
(a) India’s (b) Nepal’s
(c) Bangladesh (d) Sri Lanka’s
32. Euro 2024 football tournament will be played in ______.
(a) Russia (b) Turkey
(c) Germany (d) France
33. On Sep 28, India won the Asia Cup by defeating ______.
(a) Pakistan (b) Afghanistan
(c) Sri Lanka (d) Bangladesh
34. Oct 03, the International Court of Justice ordered the United States to lift sanctions on humanitarian goods for______.
(a) Gaza (b) Iran
(c) Syria (d) Yemen
35. On Oct 03, the United States terminated the Treaty of Amity of 1955, which established its economic relations and consular rights with______.
(a) Turkey (b) Russia
(c) Canada (d) Iran
36. ______ is the new president of Iraq.
(a) Jalal Talabani (b) Barham Salih
(c) Mashal Ajil (d) Fuad Masum
37. The US Ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley, announced her resignation on ______.
(a) Oct 06 (b) Oct 07
(c) Oct 08 (d) Oct 09
38. On Oct 10, Egyptian and ______ forces started their joint military drills dubbed “Tabuk”.
(a) Syrian (b) Kuwaiti
(c) Saudi (d) Qatari
39. On Oct 11, the world’s longest commercial flight took off from Singapore for______.
(a) Milan (b) New York
(c) Ontario (d) Moscow
40. On Oct 13, ______ was elected to the United Nations Human Rights Commission (UNHCR) in the Asia-Pacific category.
(a) India (b) Pakistan
(c) Saudi Arabia (d) China
This post has been seen 19921 times.