1. On Aug 16, Yaqoob Khan Nasar was nominated as the acting President of PML-N, the party which came into being in ______.
(a) 1985 (b) 1990
(c) 1992 (d) 1993
2. On Aug 16, the US designated ______ a specially designated terrorist outfit.
(b) Hizbul Mujahideen
3. The 8-member Council of Common Interests (CCI) is headed by the ______.
(a) Finance Minister (b) President
(c) Prime Minister (d) Speaker NA
4. On Aug 19, ______ removed Pakistan from its Calling Visa Country List after 13 years.
(a) China (b) Indonesia
(c) Qatar (d) Malaysia
5. On Aug 21, the army announced an end to Operation Khyber IV that was carried out in ______ Valley.
(a) Bara (b) Tirah
(c) Shawwal (d) Rajgal
6. The current Chairman Higher Education Commission is ______.
(a) Dr Ayub Ali (b) Dr Mukhtar Ahmed
(c) Dr Javed iqbal (d) Shahid Siddiqui
7. ______ has issued the “Pakistan District Education Rankings 2017”.
(a) Alif Ailaan (b) SDPI
(c) SPDC (d) PIDE
8. Arsenic in the groundwater of eastern Pakistan are more than ______ micrograms per litre, or five times higher than the WHO’s guidelines.
(a) 25 (b) 35
(c) 40 (d) 50
9. Pakistan has, to date, won ______ hockey world cups.
(a) 4 (b) 3
(c) 5 (d) 2
10. The Compulsory Teaching of the Holy Quran Bill, 2017, was passed by the Senate on ______.
(a) Aug 24 (b) Aug 25
(c) Aug 26 (d) Aug 28
11. A World Justice Project survey has ranked Pakistan ______ among 113 countries.
(a) 84th (b) 106th
(c) 98th (d) 114th
12. Pakistan’s ______ has been named among 30 remarkable professionals in “Asia 21 Young Leaders”.
(a) Mohsin Mustafa (b) Marvi Memon
(c) Sana Mir (d) Malala Yousafzai
13. The present Special Committee of the National Assembly on Kashmir was constituted on 19th August _____.
(a) 1993 (b) 1997
(c) 2002 (d) 2008
14. Chairman of National Assembly’s Kashmir Committee is ______.
(a) Amir Haider Hoti (b) Zahid Hamid
(c) Maulana Fazlur Rehman
(d) Mian Javid Latif
15. The Quadrilateral Counter Terrorism Coordination Mechanism (QCCM) comprises China, Pakistan, Afghanistan and ______.
(a) India (b) Russia
(c) USA (d) Tajikistan
16. On Aug 27, Khalid A. Kharal, the former federal minister for ____, died.
(a) Defence (b) Interior
(c) Information (d) Finance
17. According to the latest UNHCR report, _____ hosts the largest number of refugees in the world.
(a) Pakistan (b) Iran
(c) Turkey (d) Kenya
18. On Aug 28, Pakistan emerged in ______ spot among top 10 investors in the Dubai real estate sector.
(a) Second (b) Third
(c) Fourth (d) Fifth
19. On Aug 30, Sharjeel Khan was banned for ______ years by PCB’s Anti-Corruption Tribunal.
(a) 4 (b) 5
(c) 7 (d) 10
20. The incumbent Director General FIA is ______.
(a) Ahmad Latif (b) Bashir Ahmed
(c) M. Amlish (d) Fayyaz Ahmed
21. On Aug 30, ______ introduced, for Pakistanis, visa-on-arrival facility.
(a) Kuwait (b) Qatar
(c) Finland (d) Slovakia
22. On Aug 31, two senior police officers AIG ______ and SSP Khurram Shahzad were sentenced to 17 years in prison in former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto’s assassination case.
(a) Ahmad Latif (b) Zafar Khan
(c) Saud Aziz (d) Javed Iqbal
23. International Investment Position is a report published by the______.
(a) Finance Ministry (b) ADB
(c) SBP (d) World Bank
24. As per the International Investment Position (IIP), the biggest foreign investor in Pakistan at the end of 2015 was ______.
(a) China (b) Turkey
(c) EU (d) USA
25. The 10-member Sindh Mental Health Authority (SMHA) is headed by its chairman ______.
(a) Murtaza Wahab (b) Karim Khuwaja
(c) Dr Nasir Kamal (d) Saeed Ghani
26. As per the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018, Pakistan’s only university placed in Band 401-500 is ______.
(a) NUST (b) GCU
(c) COMSATS (d) QAU
27. The current CEO of Pakistan International Airlines Corporation Limited is ______.
(a) Zia Qadir (b) Inam-ul-Haque
(c) Dr Musharraf Rasool
(d) Bilal Munir
28. The Basel Anti-Money Laundering Index has ranked Pakistan ____ among 146 countries in terms of money laundering and terrorist financing.
(a) 34th (b) 36th
(c) 44th (d) 46th
29. On Sep 07, HBL settled out of court with the NY’s Department of Financial Services by agreeing to pay ______.
(a) $187 million (b) $225 million
(c) $295 million (d) $355 million
30. On Sep 07, the Sindh High Court ruled that the IGP’s tenure could not “under any circumstances be reduced to less than ______ years.”
(a) Two (b) Three
(c) Four (b) Five
31. Pakistan’s fifth nuclear power plant (C-4) is located in ______.
(a) Peshawar (b) DG Khan
(c) Chashma (d) Mirpur
32. The C-4 Nuclear Power Plant has a capacity of ______.
(a) 285MW (b) 335MW
(c) 365MW (d) 435MW
33. As first step to FATA reforms, jurisdiction of the Supreme Court and ______ High Court would be extended to the area.
(a) Peshawar (b) Lahore
(c) Islamabad (d) Balochistan
34. ______ was the third biggest destination for Pakistan’s exports proceeds during FY 2016-17.
(a) UK (b) Spain
(c) Germany (d) China
35. On Sep 11, British-Pakistani writer Mohsin Hamid was named in the shortlist of the 2017 Man Booker Prize for his work ______.
(a) Discontent and Its Civilizations
(b) The Reluctant Fundamentalist
(c) Exit West (d) Moth Smoke
36. The 363km-long Kachhi Canal, origniates from Taunsa Barrage in ______ district and ends in Dera Bugti district.
(a) Muzaffargarh (b) Mianwali
(c) Rajanpur (d) DG Khan
37. On Sep 14, _____ was appointed the chief secretary of KP province.
(a) Ghazanfar Khan (b) Tahira Yasmeen
(c) M. Azam Khan (d) Kamran Rasool
38. The joint bilateral air force exercise “Shaheen VI” has started between Pakistan and ______.
(a) UAE (b) China
(c) Russia (d) Saudi Arabia
1. The earth’s largest concentration of volcanoes has been found in ______.
(a) Indonesia (b) Iraq
(c) Antarctica (d) Himalayas
2. International Criminal Court (ICC) is based in ______.
(a) The Hague (b) Paris
(c) Geneva (d) Frankfurt
3. On Aug 17, ______ emerged as the most livable city in the world.
(a) Auckland (b) Melbourne
(c) Vancouver (d) Vienna
4. On Aug 18, Donald Trump fired his far-right chief strategist______.
(a) Steve Bannon (b) Sebastian Gorka
(c) Reince Priebus (d) Sean Spicer
5. Afghanistan celebrates its Independence Day on ______.
(a) Aug 14 (b) Aug 19
(c) Aug 24 (d) Aug 29
6. The Treaty of Rawalpindi, which granted Afghanistan full independence from Britain, was signed in _____.
(a) 1909 (b) 1914
(c) 1919 (d) 1924
7. Jerry Lewis, who died on Aug 20, was an ______ entertainer.
(a) American (b) Italian
(c) Austrian (d) Indian
8. The International Seabed Authority (ISA) is headquartered at ______.
(a) Moscow (b) New York
(c) Jamaica (d) Rome
9. On ______, the United States people witnessed the first coast-to-coast total solar eclipse in a century.
(a) Aug 18 (b) Aug 21
(c) Aug 23 (d) Aug 24
10. On ______, the US President Donald Trump announced his new strategy for South Asia and Afghanistan.
(a) Aug 20 (b) Aug 21
(c) Aug 22 (d) Aug 24
11. US Navy’s Seventh Fleet is headquartered at Yokosuka in ______.
(a) Cambodia (b) Japan
(c) The Philippines (d) Thailand
12. On Aug 23, ______ announced its Project Brainwave for deep learning acceleration platform for real-time artificial intelligence (AI).
(a) Apple Inc. (b) Google
(c) Microsoft (d) Yahoo!
13. International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition is observed on ______.
(a) Aug 22 (b) Aug 23
(c) Aug 26 (d) Aug 28
14. On Aug 24, Afghan President Ashraf Ghani signed a decree for the implementation of the Compact agreement with the ______.
(a) USA (b) IMF
(c) QCG (d) World Bank
15. On Aug 25, Trump administration imposed financial sanctions on ______.
(a) Iran (b) Venezuela
(c) Mexico (d) North Korea
16. On Aug 25, Lee Jae-Yong, the heir to the ______ empire, was convicted and jailed for five years.
(a) Ali Baba (b) Huwaei
(c) Samsung (d) Honda
17. On Aug 25, ______ was named UEFA’s Player of the Year.
(a) Lionel Messi (b) Gianluigi Buffon
(c) Cristiano Ronaldo (d) Toni Kroos
18. On Aug 27, America’s Floyd Mayweather Jr. scored a 10th round technical knockout over Conor McGregor of ______.
(a) Ireland (b) England
(c) Austria (d) Australia
19. On Aug 28, French President Emmanuel Macron gave the country a First Dog named ______.
(a) Jules (b) Parfai
(c) Nemo (d) Fille
20. On Aug 28, ______ imposed the world’s toughest law to reduce plastic pollution with the violators risking imprisonment of up to four years or fines of $40,000.
(a) Saudi Arabia (b) Iceland
(c) Kenya (d) Mauritius
21. On Aug 28, an Indian “godman”, Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh, was sentenced to ______ in jail.
(a) 10 years (b) 15 years
(c) 20 years (d) 25 years
22. On ______, India and China agreed to pull back their troops from Dokhlam.
(a) Aug 24 (b) Aug 28
(c) Aug 29 (d) Aug 31
23. On Aug 28, ______, Iran’s first foreign minister after the 1979 Islamic revolution died.
(a) Kamal Kharazi (b) Ebrahim Yazdi
(c) Mehdi Bazarg (d) Karim Sanjabi
24. International Day against Nuclear Tests is observed on ______.
(a) Aug 26 (b) Aug 27
(c) Aug 29 (d) Aug 30
25. On Aug 29, ______ inaugurated a new internationally-controlled uranium fuel bank.
(a) Norway (b) Belarus
(c) Kazakhstan (d) Sweden
26. ______ won 145 gold medals at the Southeast Asian Games to become overall champion for the first time in 16 years.
(a) Thailand (b) Malaysia
(c) Vietnam (d) Indonesia
27. On Sep 03, ______ became India’s first woman appointed as country’s defence minister.
(a) Harsimrat Kaur (b) Smriti Irani
(c) Nirmala Sitharaman
(d) Uma Bharati
28. The 9th BRICS Summit was held in ______, China.
(a) Tianjin (b) Xiamen
(c) Chongqing (d) Beijing
29. On Sep 05, ______ inaugurated a new $7.4 billion Hamad Port along its Gulf coast.
(a) Qatar (b) UAE
(c) Saudi Arabia (d) Kuwait
30. On Sep 05, President Trump ended an amnesty called DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) effectuated under President ______.
(a) Obama (b) Bush
(c) Clinton (d) Bush Sr.
31. On Sep 06, ______ became the oldest semi-finalist in US Open history at age 37.
(a) Serena Williams (b) Martina Hingis
(c) Venus Williams (d) Maria Sharapova
32. The Great Khural is the parliament of ______.
(a) Singapore (b) Thailand
(c) Mongolia (d) Cambodia
33. “Literacy in a Digital World” was the theme of the International Literacy Day 2017 which was observed on ______.
(a) Sep 06 (b) Sep 08
(c) Sep 10 (d) Sep 12
34. On Sep 10, the first OIC Summit on Science & Technology opened in_____.
(a) Islamabad (b) Astana
(c) Istanbul (d) Dushanbe
35. On Sep 10, ______ won the 2017 Men’s singles US Open Tennis tournament
(a) Stan Wawrinka (b) Novak Djokovic
(c) Rafael Nadal (d) Kevin Anderson
36. World Suicide Prevention Day is observed on ______.
(a) Sep 04 (b) Sep 06
(c) Sep 08 (d) Sep 10
37. On Sep 13, International Olympic Committee named _____ and Los Angeles as hosts for the 2024 and 2028 Olympics.
(a) Hamburg (b) Paris
(c) London (d) Vienna
38. In Kulbhushan Jadhav case before the ICJ, Pakistan will have to submit its counter memorial by ______, 2017.
(a) Oct 13 (b) Nov 18
(c) Dec 13 (d) Dec 31
39. On Sep 13, Halimah Yacob became ______ first female president.
(a) Malaysia’s (b) Mauritius’s
(c) Singapore’s (d) Hong Kong’s
40. Apart from the Queen, whose portrait is on all UK currency, Jane Austen is the _____ woman to feature on a modern-day British banknote.
(a) First (b) Second
(c) Third (d) Fourth
41. On Sep 15, ______ was appointed the president of the World Economic Forum.
(a) Rev Anderson (b) Peter Hall
(c) Borge Brende (d) Ghayas Zahid
42. International Day of Democracy is observed annually on ______.
(a) Sep 10 (b) Sep 12
(c) Sep 14 (d) Sep 15
43. The chief architect of the Chinese revolution, Chairman Mao Zedong, died at the age of 82 in ______.
(a) 1971 (b) 1973
(c) 1976 (d) 1989
44. The term ‘Ashes’, referring to the England-Australia Test series, was coined by the newspaper ____ in 1882.
(a) AusSports (b) Cricket Buzz
(c) Whizz (d) The Sporting Times
This post has been seen 34408 times.