1. On Feb 16, Munna Lahori, who played the beloved genie ______ in the famous children’s play Ainak Wala Jinn, passed away.
(a) Samari (b) Zakoota
(c) Nastoor (d) Hamoon
2. Imran Ali, the rapist and killer of Zainab Ansari, a little girl from Kasur, has been awarded death sentence on ______ counts.
(a) Two (b) Four
(c) Five (d) Six
3. On Feb 17, ______ was appointed the brand ambassador of the PCB.
(a) Shoaib Akhtar (b) Wasim Akram
(c) Shahid Afridi (d) Darren Sammy
4. The winner of the 13th Cholistan Desert Rally was ______.
(a) Roni Patel (b) Nadir Magsi
(c) Jaffar Magsi (d) Maqsood Alam
5. As per a Unicef report titled “Every Child Alive: the urgent need to end newborn deaths,” ______ is the riskiest place in the world to be born in.
(a) Bangladesh (b) Pakistan
(c) Afghanistan (d) India
6. On Feb 20, the Generalised System of Preferences Plus (GSP+) status accorded by the EU to Pakistan was extended by ______ year(s).
(a) One (b) Two
(c) Three (d) Four
7. The incumbent Federal Secretary for Commerce is ______.
(a) Fayyaz Khan (b) Younus Dagha
(c) Sh. Naseem (d) Akbar Durrani
8. On Feb 21, the NAB arrested former LDA head Ahad Khan Cheema in ______ Housing Society scam.
(d) Ashiyana-i-Iqbal Extension
9. On Feb 21, ______ won the Jubilee Insurance 43rd National Snooker Championship.
(a) M. Asif (b) Khurram Agha
(c) Asjad Ali (d) Shokat Ali
10. On Feb 23, the TAPI gas pipeline was inaugurated in Serhetabat, ______.
(a) India (b) Afghanistan
(c) Pakistan (d) Turkmenistan
11. The first gas flow under the TAPI gas pipeline is expected in ______.
(a) 2020 (b) 2022
(c) 2023 (d) 2025
12. On Feb 25, WHO revealed that over 65pc of the total measles cases reported in the eastern Mediterranean in 2017 were from ______.
(a) Nepal (b) India
(c) Sri Lanka (d) Pakistan
13. On Feb 26, renowned mountaineer Samina Baig was appointed the ‘National Goodwill Ambassador’ for Pakistan by the ______.
(a) WHO (b) UNDP
(c) UNICEF (d) UNHCR
14. ______ is the first Pakistani woman to have climbed Mount Everest.
(a) Shaista Malik (b) Uzma Yousaf
(c) Samina Baig (d) Shakeela Numa
15. On Feb 27, ______ was sworn in as Federal Ombudsperson on Protection against Harassment of Women at Workplace.
(a) Kashmala Tariq (b) Marvi Sarmad
(c) Nuzhat Sadiq (d) Sadia Abbasi
16. On Mar 01, the Pakistani armed forces ranked ______ amongst the 25 most powerful world militaries.
(a) 10th (b) 12th
(c) 13th (d) 15th
17. Renowned filmmaker Mahmud Sipra passed away on ______.
(a) Feb 26 (b) Feb 28
(c) Mar 01 (d) Mar 04
18. Baloch Culture Day 2018 was observed on ______.
(a) Feb 28 (b) Mar 01
(c) Mar 02 (d) Mar 04
19. On Mar 02, the 12th meeting of Pak-Russia Consultative Group on Strategic Stability was held in ______.
(a) Moscow (b) Islamabad
(c) Beijing (d) Karachi
20. Elections to 52 Senate seats from all the four provinces, Fata and the federal capital were held on ______.
(a) Feb 26 (b) Feb 28
(c) Mar 01 (d) Mar 03
21. Veteran politician and PPP leader Jam Saqi, whom Mohtarma Bhtto called “The patriotic citizen of the state,” breathed his last on ______.
(a) Mar 02 (b) Mar 03
(c) Mar 05 (d) Mar 07
22. On Mar 06, Sindh cabinet was expanded with the induction of ______ as provincial minister for planning and development.
(a) Abdul Bari (b) Saeed Ghani
(c) Krishna Kohli (d) Murtaza Shah
23. The current Chairman National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) is ______.
(a) Maj. Gen. Saeed Aleem
(b) Lt. Gen. Omar Mahmood Hayat
(c) Lt. Gen. Farooq Ahmad Khan
(d) Lt. Gen. Nadeem Ahmad
24. The Earthquake Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Authority (ERRA) was established on October 24, ______.
(a) 2004 (b) 2005
(c) 2006 (d) 2007
25. The Senate of Pakistan passed a bill aimed at protecting the rights of transgender persons on ______.
(a) Feb 28 (b) Mar 01
(c) Mar 07 (d) Mar 09
26. On Mar 08, the British High Commission announced a new annual scholarship honouring ______.
(a) Dr Ruth Pfau (b) Jam Saqi
(c) Qazi Wajid (d) Asthma Jehangir
27. On Mar 08, the government named ______ as the next ambassador to the United States.
(a) Aizaz Chaudhary
(b) Ali Jahangir Siddiqui
(c) Sohail Malik (d) Zubair Gul
28. On Mar 12, Sadiq Sanjrani was elected as the ______ Senate chairman from Balochistan.
(a) First (b) Second
(c) Third (d) Fourth
29. Sadiq Sanjrani is the ______ Chairman of the Senate of Pakistan.
(a) Sixth (b) Seventh
(c) Eighth (d) Tenth
30. The longest-serving chairman of the Senate of Pakistan, to date, is ______.
(a) Wasim Sajjad (b) Farooq Naek
(c) Habibullah Khan
(d) Ghulam Ishaq Khan
31. PPP’s Saleem Mandviwalla is the ______ Deputy Chairman of the Senate of Pakistan.
(a) 10th (b) 12th
(c) 13th (d) 14th
32. To date, the only woman to have served as Deputy Chairman Senate of Pakistan is ______.
(a) Sherry Rehman
(b) Dr Noor Jehan Panezai
(c) Sitara Ayaz (d) Rahila Magsi
33. On ______, Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman was awarded the United States Legion of Merit, the highest military award of the US armed forces awarded to any foreign military official.
(a) Mar 10 (b) Mar 11
(c) Mar 12 (d) Mar 14
34. On______, the Federation Internationale de Football Association lifted ban on Pakistan.
(a) Mar 10 (b) Mar 13
(c) Mar 14 (d) Mar 15
35. On Mar 15, senior lawyer Rauf Ata was appointed Advocate General for ______.
(a) Punjab (b) Balochistan
(c) Sindh (d) KP
36. The OIC’s subsidiary organ the Islamic Centre for the Development of Trade (ICDT) is headquartered in ______.
(a) Istanbul (b) Dhaka
(c) Riyadh (d) Casablanca
37. Dapsang is another name of ___.
(a) K2 (b) Nanga Parbat
(c) Rakaposhi (d) Mount Everest
1. “Knight Grand Cross First Class of the Most Exalted Order of the White Elephant” is an order of ____.
(a) Philippines (b) Malaysia
(c) Thailand (d) South Korea
2. The 19-year-old gunman who gunned down 17 people in a high school in Florida was ______.
(a) Bailey Nicole (b) Nikolas Cruz
(c) Ryan Cope (d) Austin Rollins
3. Record for the highest successful run chase in Twenty20 history is held by _____.
(a) England (b) Australia
(c) India (d) Sri Lanka
4. _____ is, to date, the oldest world number one in tennis rankings.
(a) Roger Federer (b) Rafael Nadal
(c) Ken Rosewall (d) Marin Cilic
5. On Feb 17, India and Iran signed agreement to lease to New Delhi operational control of the east coast Chabahar port for______.
(a) 12 months (b) 18 months
(c) 24 months (d) 30 months
6. On Feb 20, Bangladesh agreed to sell a large stake in its Dhaka Stock Exchange to a ______ consortium.
(a) Indian (b) Japanese
(c) Chinese (d) German
7. The 54th Munich Security Conference was held in ______.
(a) Australia (b) Belgium
(c) Germany (d) France
8. Billy Graham, the renowned Christian evangelist who passed away on Feb 21, belonged to ______.
(a) USA (b) Australia
(c) Austria (d) Ethiopia
9. On Feb 21, the 15-year-old ______ skater Alina Zagitova set the world record for short skate in women’s Olympic singles.
(a) Czech (b) Russian
(c) Serbian (d) Croatian
10. On Feb 22, the _____ parliament passed a motion recognising as genocide the massacre of as many as 1.5 million Armenians in 1915.
(a) Swedish (b) Greek
(c) Dutch (d) Turkish
11. Bollywood icon Sridevi died on ______.
(a) Feb 23 (b) Feb 24
(c) Feb 25 (d) Feb 26
12. On Feb 24, ______ runner Tamira Mola won the first international half-marathon held in the Saudi capital Riyadh.
(a) Iraqi (b) Jamaican
(c) Ethiopian (d) Kenyan
13. On Feb 27, a Turkish court jailed a paedophile a record _____ for abusing 18 children.
(a) 436 years (b) 572 years
(c) 618 years (d) 720 years
14. Kamal Abdalmarouf is the current army chief of ______.
(a) Afghanistan (b) Sudan
(c) Iran (d) Syria
15. The headquarters of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is in ______.
(a) Moscow (b) New Delhi
(c) Beijing (d) Shanghai
16. On Feb 28, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) lifted a doping ban against ______.
(a) Russia (b) Germany
(c) Iran (d) India
17. On Mar 02, ______ declared its waters a shark sanctuary.
(a) Nauru (b) Samoa
(c) Palau (d) Kiribati
18. On Mar 02, armed men attacked the French embassy in ____ and the country’s military headquarters.
(a) Algeria (b) Burkina Faso
(c) South Sudan (d) Chad
19. The 2018 football World Cup is scheduled to take place in ______, from 14 June to 15 July.
(a) Russia (b) Qatar
(c) Denmark (d) Germany
20. Italian elections 2018 were held on ______.
(a) Mar 01 (b) Mar 03
(c) Mar 04 (d) Mar 06
21. On Mar 05, Saudi Arabia and ______ set up a $10 billion joint fund to develop a mega city, NEOM.
(a) UAE (b) Kuwait
(c) Egypt (d) Malaysia
22. ______ won the Oscars Award 2018 for best film.
(a) Call Me by Your Name
(b) The Shape of Water
(c) Dunkirk (d) Lady Bird
23. The Louvre, the world’s largest art museum, is located in______.
(a) Philadelphia (b) Paris
(c) Hamburg (d) Beijing
24. Nobel prize-winning British scientist John Sulston died on ______.
(a) Mar 03 (b) Mar 04
(c) Mar 06 (d) Mar 08
25. As per Forbes magazine’s annual billionaires list, ______ is the world’s richest person.
(a) Jeff Bezos (b) Bill Gates
(c) Carlos Slim (d) Warren Buffet
26. The 2018 Pritzker Architecture Prize, architecture’s highest honour, was awarded to ______.
(a) Kazuyo Sejima (b) Balkrishna Doshi
(c) Zaha Hadid (d) Carme Pigem
27. On Mar 08, ______ countries signed the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for TransPacific Partnership (CPTPP).
(a) Eight (b) Ten
(c) Eleven (d) Twelve
28. On Mar 09, the Supreme Court of _____ issued permitted the removal of life-support systems for terminally ill or those in incurable comas.
(a) India (b) Pakistan
(c) Indonesia (d) Kuwait
29. On ______, China removed presidential term limits from its constitution, giving President Xi the right to remain in office indefinitely.
(a) Mar 08 (b) Mar 10
(c) Mar 11 (d) Mar 14
30. On March 11, ______ launched a hypersonic missile named Kinzhal.
(a) Russia (b) India
(c) Japan (d) China
31. French fashion designer Hubert de Givenchy died on ______.
(a) March 12 (b) March 14
(c) March 15 (d) March 16
32. ______ won the 2018 Sultan Azlan Shah Cup.
(a) South Korea (b) China
(c)Australia (d) The Netherlands
33. Ipoh is a city in ______.
(a) Indonesia (b) Malaysia
(c) China (d) South Korea
34. On Mar 13, Bidya Bhandari, the first female head of the state of ______, was elected for another term as president.
(a) Sri Lanka (b) Nepal
(c) Bhutan (d) The Maldives
35. On Mar 13, ______ was appointed the new US Secretary of State, replacing Rex Tillerson.
(a) Gina Haspel (b) Edward Flynn
(c) Mike Pompeo (d) William Mueller
36. On Mar 13, ______ was appointed the first female director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).
(a) Jovita Carranza (b) Gina Haspel
(c) Nikki Haley (d) Sarah Sanders
37. Stephen Hawking, the legendary theoretical physicist, died on ______.
(a) Mar 14 (b) Mar 15
(c) Mar 16 (d) Mar 17
38. On Mar 14, Angela Merkel was sworn in for her ______ term as German chancellor.
(a) Second (b) Third
(c) Fourth (d) Fifth
39. As per the World Happiness Report 2018, ______ is the happiest country in the world.
(a) Norway (b) Fiji
(c) Finland (d) Mauritius
40. On Mar 15, ______ the law firm at the heart of the “Panama Papers” scandal, announced to shut down operations.
(a) Maples (b) The Walkers
(c) Carey Olsen (d) Mossack Fonseca
This post has been seen 26951 times.