1. The current Finance Minister of Punjab is ______.
(a) Anwarul Haq (b) Dr Shahbaz Gil
(c) Dr Murad Ras (d) Hashim Jawan Bakht
2. On World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Index 2018, Pakistan has been ranked ______.
(a) 98 (b) 103
(c) 107 (d) 114
3. “The Power of Choice: Reproductive Rights and the Demographic Transition,” has been published by the ______.
(a) IMF (b) UNDP
(c) WBG (d) HRCP
4. As per the latest UNDP report, annual population growth rate in Pakistan is ______.
(a) 2.4 percent (b) 2.7 percent
(c) 3.2 percent (d) 4.2 percent
5. Imran Ali, who was convicted of rape and murder of little girl Zainab in Kasur, was hanged on ______.
(a) Oct 16 (b) Oct 17
(c) Oct 18 (b) Oct 19
6. The Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) is headquartered in ______.
(a) Sukkur (b) Lahore
(c) Islamabad (d) Karachi
7. On Oct 19, an 11-member Pakistan Army team won gold medal for the fourth consecutive time in the world’s toughest Cambrian Patrol competition held in ______, UK.
(a) North Sea (b) Wales
(c) Anglesey (d) Pumlumon
8. On Oct 19, Pakistan defeated ______ inflicting them their heaviest defeat in test cricket against Pakistan – 373 runs.
(a) Australia (b) New Zealand
(c) Zimbabwe (d) Sri Lanka
9. On Oct 22, Lt Col (r) Hassan Immad Mohamedi was appointed the MD of ______.
(a) NBP (b) SUPARCO
(c) SECP (d) PTV
10. Pakistan Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission (SUPARCO) was established in 1981 on the advice of ______.
(a) Mr Sibte Nabi Naqvi (b) Dr I. H. Usmani
(c) Dr Abdus Salam (d) Dr Innas Ali
11. The Druzhba (Friendship) III is joint bilateral military exercise between Pakistan and ______.
(a) China (b) Russia
(c) Turkey (d) Iran
12. On Oct 23, Justice Muhammad Anwarul Haq took oath as ______ CJ of the Lahore High Court.
(a) 47th (b) 59th
(c) 67 th (d) 74th
13. Baba Haider Zaman, who died on Oct 24, was a leader of ______.
(a) Tehreek-e-Sooba Hazara (b) Seraiki Sooba Tehreek
(c) ANP (d) JUI(F)
14. On Oct 25, Army defeated ______ on penalties to clinch the National Women’s Football Championship.
(a) Balochistan (b) Wapda
(c) Punjab (d) NBP
15. On Oct 26, Dr Asad Majeed Khan was nominated as the next Pakistan Ambassador to ______.
(a) China (b) Japan
(c) USA (b) Turkey
16. On Oct 26, Asma Jahangir (late) became the ______ Pakistani woman to be awarded the United Nations Human Rights Prize.
(a) First (b) Second
(d) Third (d) Fourth
17. On Oct 26, Prof Dr Mohammad Ali was appointed the Vice Chancellor of ______.
(a) QAU, Islamabad (b) AIOU, Islamabad
(c) PU, Lahore (d) GCU, Faisalabad
18. On Oct 26, the PCB formed a seven-member advisory cricket committee headed by ______.
(a) Wasim Akram (b) Mohsin Khan
(c) Mudassar Nazar (d) Haroon Rasheed
19. On Oct 28, Pakistan and ______ were declared joint winners of the Asian Champions Trophy 2018.
(a) Indonesia (b) Japan
(c) India (d) Malaysia
20. ______ Abu Bakar Mahmood won the Emerging Player of the Tournament award at the Asian Champions Trophy 2018.
(a) Bangladesh’s (b) India’s
(c) Malaysia’s (d) Pakistan’s
21. Moazzam Ahmed Khan is Pakistan’s current ambassador to ______.
(a) Norway (b) USA
(c) Sweden (d) UAE
22. On Oct 28, Pakistan formally signed ‘participation contract’ with Expo 2020 authorities that will be held in ______.
(a) Riyadh (b) Jeddah
(c) Dubai (d) Abu Dhabi
23. Pakistan Citizens’ Portal (PCP) was launched on ______.
(a) Oct 26 (b) Oct 28
(c) Oct 30 (d) Oct 31
24. On Oct 30, the government appointed ______ the chairperson of Benazir Income Support Programme.
(a) Dr Adeeb Rizvi (b) Dr Sania Nishtar
(c) Seemi Ezdi (d) Andaleeb Abbas
25. Pakistan’s first woman cardiologist is ______.
(a) Dr Sania Nishtar (b) Dr Seemi Jamali
(c) Dr Esmat Umair (d) Dr Yasmin Rashid
26. On October 31, a ______ bench of the Supreme Court overturned the death sentence of a Christian woman, Aasia Bibi, who was convicted on a blasphemy charge.
(a) 2-member (b) 3-member
(c) 5-member (d) Full
27. The current President of the Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) is______.
(a) Ali Ahmad Kurd (b) Amanullah Kanrani
(c) Zulfiqar Khosa (d) Hamid Khan
28. The Judicial Commission of Pakistan (JCP) for the appointment of judges of the Supreme Court, High Courts and the Federal Shariat Court, works under Article _______ of the Constitution
(a) 164 (3) (b) 175A
(c) 183 (d) 222
29. On Nov 01, the federal cabinet approved the name of Justice (retd.) Hasnat Ahmed as the chairman of the _____ Wage Board.
(a) 5th (b) 6th
(c) 7th (d) 8th
30. On Nov 03, Pakistan and ______ signed 15 agreements and documents to deepen bilateral cooperation in multiple spheres.
(a) IMF (b) UAE
(c) China (d) Saudi Arabia
31. On Nov 04, Pakistan’s Babar Azam broke the record of fastest to 1000 T20I runs, achieving the feat in his ______ innings.
(a) 25th (b) 26th
(c) 27th (d) 29th
32. Veteran Kashmiri leader and chief of Jammu Kashmir Peoples Party Sardar Khalid Ibrahim died on ______.
(a) Nov 01 (b) Nov 02
(c) Nov 04 (d) Nov 07
33. On Nov 05, the ______ launched the ‘Generation Unlimited Youth Challenge’ in Pakistan.
(a) UNESCO (b) UNICEF
(c) UNDP (d) UNEP
34. On Nov 05, Pakistan won a 4-year term for the Administrative Council of the ______-based International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
(a) Geneva (b) Paris
(c) Berlin (d) Stockholm
35. On Nov 09, Pakistan’s first evening court was, which will work in ______, was inaugurated.
(a) Peshawar (b) Karachi
(c) Quetta (d) Lahore
36. On Nov 15, the International Institute for Justice Excellence named former Chief Justice of Pakistan ______ as the recipient of the International Justice Excellence Award.
(a) Rana Bhagwan Das (b) Irshad Hassan Khan
(d) Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry (d) Tassaduq Hussain Jillani
1. On Oct 16, during a committee hearing on artificial intelligence (AI) and ‘the fourth industrial revolution, a walking and talking robot named ______ appeared in Britain’s parliament for the first time.
(a) PEPPER (b) ASIMO
(c) ATLAS (d) PETMAN
2. On Oct 16, ______ became the second African nation after Rwanda to achieve gender parity in its cabinet
(a) Sudan (b) Ethiopia
(c) Eritrea (d) Kenya
3. Paul Allen and Bill Gates founded Microsoft on April 4, ______, in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
(a) 1972 (b) 1975
(c) 1977 (d) 1983
4. The 14th edition of the Men’s Hockey World Cup has been hosted by ______.
(a) Germany (b) India
(c) Australia (d) Japan
5. On Oct 17, Indian state Uttar Pradesh’s cabinet cleared the proposal to rename Allahabad as______.
(a) Piyag (b) Prayag
(c) Illahabad (d) Prayagraj
6. The International Day for the Eradication of Poverty is observed every year on ______.
(a) Oct 14 (b) Oct 15
(c) Oct 16 (d) Oct 17
7. Founded in 1951, the International Organisation for Migration is based in ______.
(a) Lisbon (b) Geneva
(c) Brussels (d) Strausberg
8. On Oct 17, Irish author Anna Burns won the prestigious 2018 Man Booker Prize for Fiction for her novel ______.
(a) ‘Milkman’ (b) ‘The Overstory’
(c) ‘The Long Take’ (d) ‘The Mars Room’
9. Bhutan, a country of 800,000 people, is wedged between ______ and India.
(a) Bangladesh (b) China
(c) Myanmar (d) Nepal
10. Recently, ______ successfully tested the world’s largest unmanned transport drone.
(a) USA (b) Russia
(c) China (d) Japan
11. On Oct 17, the UN General Assembly unanimously approved a resolution that will enable ______ to chair Group of 77, a major group of developing countries, at the United Nations in 2019.
(a) Turkey (b) Palestine
(c) Egypt (d) India
12. Jean-Claude Juncker is the current president of ______.
(a) European Commission (b) European Parliament
(c) European Council (d) European Court of Human Rights
13. Donald Tusk is the current president of ______.
(a) European Court of Human Rights
(b) European Parliament
(c) European Commission
(d) European Council
14. ______ amphibious aircraft AG600, codenamed Kunlong, claimed to be the world’s largest, has carried out its first take-off and landing on waters.
(a) US’s (b) Japan’s
(c) Germany’s (d) China’s
15. On ______, parliamentary polls, the third since the Taliban’s fall in 2001, were held in Afghanistan.
(a) Oct 20 (b) Oct 22
(c) Oct 24 (d) Oct 26
16. On Oct 21, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani appointed academic ______ the country’s new economy and finance minister.
(a) Reza Salehi Amiri (b) Mahmoud Hojjati
(c) Farhad Dejpasand (d) Mahmoud Vaezi
17. The Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty was signed by US President Ronald Reagan and Soviet General Secretary Mikhail Gorbachev on December 8, ______.
(a) 1982 (b) 1984
(c) 1986 (d) 1987
18. The Sittwe Port is a deepwater port at the mouth of the Kaladan River in______.
(a) Maldives (b) Myanmar
(c) Sri Lanka (d) India
19. Marine biologist Osamu Shimomura won the 2008 Nobel Prize in______.
(a) Physiology (b) Physics
(c) Chemistry (d) Peace
20. Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) consists of ______ member states.
(a) 10 (b) 12
(c) 14 (d) 16
21. On Oct 23, China opened the world’s longest sea-crossing bridge, which connects the Chinese city of ______ to the semi-autonomous regions of Hong Kong and Macau.
(a) Nansha (b) Shenzhen
(c) Zhuhai (d) Yantian
22. On Oct 23, the United States, ______ and five other Gulf states sanctioned nine Taliban functionaries.
(a) Jordan (b) Saudi Arabia
(c) Egypt (d) Yemen
23. Trident Juncture 18 was ______ biggest military exercises since the end of the Cold War.
(a) German Army’s (b) Nato’s
(c) US military’s (d) ISAF’s
24. The World Development Information Day (WDID) is observed every year on ______.
(a) Oct 20 (b) Oct 22
(c) Oct 24 (d) Oct 26
25. On Oct 25, ______ lawmakers unanimously elected Sahle-Work Zewde as the country’s first female president.
(a) Kenyan (b) Eritrean
(c) Somali (d) Ethiopian
26. On Oct 25, the European Court of Human Rights rejected a plea by an ______ woman that her conviction for blaspheming the Holy Prophet (PBUH) breached her freedom of speech.
(a) Swedish (b) Norwegian
(c) Austrian (d) French
27. The world’s oldest known intact shipwreck was recently discovered under the ______
(a) Red Sea (b) Black Sea
(c) Caspian Sea (d) Caribbean Sea
28. The world’s largest airport ‘Under One Roof’ has officially opened in ______.
(a) Istanbul (b) Beijing
(c) Abu Dhabi (d) Dubai
29. On Oct 31, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the world’s biggest statue to mark the 143rd birth anniversary of______.
(a) MK Gandhi (b) Vallabhbhai Patel
(c) Abul Kalam Azad (d) Jawaharlal Nehru
30. The World Vegan Day is observed every year on ______.
(a) Oct 28 (b) Oct 30
(c) Oct 31 (d) Nov 01
31. On Nov 03, Simone Biles, an ______ artistic gymnast, became the first-ever gymnast to win 13 world championship gold medals.
(a) American (b) British
(c) Belarusian (d) German
32. The theme of the United Nations World Cities Day 2018 was ______.
(a) Promoting a better urban future
(b) Innovative Governance, Open Cities
(c) Building Sustainable and Resilient Cities
(d) Better City, Better Life
33. The first WHO Global Conference on Air Pollution and Health was held in ______.
(a) Rome (b) Canberra
(c) Lisbon (d) Geneva
34. The current President of International Boxing Association is ______.
(a) Thomas Bach (b) Gafur Rakhimov
(c) Anup Mishra (d) P S Bopanna
35. Chinese news agency ______ recently launched the world’s first Artificial Intelligence (AI) news anchor at the 5th World Internet Conference.
(a) Agenparl (b) Adnkronos
(c) EFE (d) Xinhua
36. The House of Representatives of the US Congress consists of____ members
(a) 397 (b) 435
(c) 454 (d) 538
37. Imelda Marcos is a former first lady, and currently a congresswoman, of ______.
(a) Cuba (b) Mexico
(c) Argentina (d) Philippines
38. ‘Statue of Unity’, the world’s ‘tallest statue’ has been designed by ______.
(a) N. N. Rimzon (b) Vivan Sundaram
(c) Ram V. Sutar (d) Jitish Kallat
39. The World Science Day for Peace and Development is observed every year on ______.
(a) Nov 08 (b) Nov 10
(c) Nov 12 (d) Nov 14
40. On Oct 13, ______ was elected to the United Nations Human Rights Commission (UNHCR) in the Asia-Pacific category.
(a) India (b) Pakistan
(c)Saudi Arabia (d) China