1. The country’s Gross Domestic Product recorded 13-year highest growth of 5.8 %.
2. Revenues from telecom sector reached an estimated Rs 235.5 billion during the first two quarters of FY 2017-18.
3. The commercial launch of 3G and 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) services opened new opportunities for revenue generation for the mobile operators.
4. The broadband penetration jumped from 3.7 million to 52 million.
5. During the first two quarters of the FY 2017-18 telecom sector contributed estimated Rs 78.62 billion to national exchequer in terms of taxes, regulatory fees, initial and annual license fees, activation tax, and other charges.
6. The agriculture, industrial and service sectors of Pakistan grew by 3.8 percent.
7. Economy continued to benefit from growth oriented initiatives, including higher development spending, low inflation, vigilant monetary policy, and CPEC related investment thus providing impetus for economic recovery.
8. High and broad based growth in agriculture sector in last 13 years was achieved on the back of initiatives such as expansion in credit to agriculture sector, better quality seeds and timely availability of agriculture inputs.
9. Large Scale Manufacturing recorded a growth of 6.13 %, highest in ten years.
10. Industrial sector growth improved by 5.80 %, highest in ten years.
11. Manufacturing grew by 6.24 percent, highest in 11 years.
12. Services sector witnessed a growth of 6.43 percent in last two years.
13. Growth of forestry is 7.17 percent due to high timber production reported by Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK).
14. Fishing registered a growth of 1.6 percent compared to 1.23 percent last year.
Sorry you have no rights to view this Article/Post!
Please Login or Register to view the complete Article
To get full access EMAIL your username, Subscription Plan and email address at firstname.lastname@example.org for details
SUBSCRIPTION PLANS Rs. 3300 for 1 year.
This post has been seen 984 times.