1. On Aug 16, PPP’s Syed Murad Ali Shah and PTI’s ____were elected as the chief ministers of Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, respectively.
(a) Mahmood Khan (b) Atif Khan
(c) Jamal Khattak (d) Shahram Tarakai
2. The current National Assembly is ______ in the country’s history.
(a) 14th (b) 15th
(c) 16th (d) 18th
3. On Aug 17, PTI’s Imran Khan was elected as the country’s ______ Prime Minister.
(a) 18th (b) 20th
(c) 22nd (d) 29th
4. On Aug 17, the air exercise of Pakistan Air Force named ______ concluded at Air Warfare School, Mushaf, in Sargodha.
(a) Shaheen VI (b) Saffron Bandit
(c) High Mark (d) Red Flag
5. On Aug 19, Jam Mir Kamal Khan, the grandson of Jam Ghulam Qadir, the last Jam of _____ was sworn in as the 16th Chief Minister of Balochistan.
(a) Kalat (b) Kharan
(c) Lasbela (d) Makran
6. Khan Mir Ahmad Yar Khan, the maternal grandfather of the incumbent CM Balochistan, was the last Khan of ______.
(a) Lasbela (b) Kharan
(c) Kalat (d) Makran
7. On Aug 19, Pakistan football team got its first victory in Asian Games after 44 years when they defeated ______.
(a) Nepal (b) India
(c) Sri Lanka (d) Bhutan
8. On Aug 19, PTI’s Usman Buzdar was elected as chief minister of Punjab by the ______ Punjab Assembly.
(a) 16th (b) 17th
(c) 18th (d) 19th
9. Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman Najam Sethi resigned on ______.
(a) Aug 16 (b) Aug 17
(c) Aug 19 (d) Aug 20
10. The current commander of Pak Army’s 10 Corps (Rawalpindi) is ______.
(a) Lt Gen Nadeem Raza
(b) Lt Gen Shahid Baig Mirza
(c) Lt Gen Bilal Akbar
(d) Lt Gen Naeem Ashraf
11. The incumbent Chairman of Heavy Industries Taxila is ______.
(a) Lt Gen Naeem Ashraf
(b) Lt Gen Abdullah Dogar
(c) Lt Gen Shahid Baig Mirza
(d) Lt Gen Humayun Aziz
12. The Heavy Industries Taxila, one of the largest defence products manufacturer and a military industrial complex, was established in ______.
(a) 1971 (b) 1977
(c) 1985 (d) 1992
13. At the 18th Asian Games, Pakistan won its first bronze in ______.
(a) Swimming (b) Shooting
(c) Karate (d) Kabaddi
14. On Aug 25, Senator Syed Shibli Faraz of ______ became the leader of the house in the Senate.
(a) PTI (b) PPP
(c) JUI(F) (d) PML-N
15. As per the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the Senate, 2012, the leader of the House is the ______ or a member appointed by him.
(a) President (b) Prime Minister
(c) Senate Chair (b) Chief Whip
16. On Aug 27, PTI leader Imran Ismail took oath as the ______ governor of Sindh.
(a) 25th (b) 28th
(d) 30th (d) 34th
17. On Aug 28, the government appointed Dr Muhammad Salman the new head of the______.
(a) PEMRA (b) NEPRA
(d) IB (d) FBR
18. Mehar Khudadad Luck is the current Coordinator of ______.
(a) FBR (b) Nacta
(c) NPRA (d) CPEC Forum
19. On Aug 31, Pakistan became the ______ country in the world to use multi-spectral imagery for crops.
(a) First (b) Second
(c) Eighth (d) Tenth
20. On Sep 01, Justice Syeda Tahira Safdar was sworn in as the 18th chief justice of the ______ High Court, becoming the first woman chief justice of any high court in the judicial history of Pakistan.
(a) Balochistan (b) Lahore
(c) Sindh (d) Peshawar
21. On Sep 01, Pakistan closed its consulate in Afghan city of ______.
(a) Herat (b) Mazar-e-Sharif
(c) Jalalabad (d) Qandahar
22. On Sep 04, ______ was elected unopposed as the new chairman of the PCB.
(a) M. Subhan (b) Intikhab Alam
(c) Ehsan Mani (d) Abdul Qadir
23. On Sep 04, Dr Arif Alvi was elected as the ______ President of Pakistan.
(a) 13th (b) 14th
(c) 15th (d) 16th
24. The President of Pakistan is elected for a term of______.
(a) 3 years (b) 4 years
(c) 5 years (d) 7 years
25. US Secretary of State, Michael Pompeo, visited Pakistan on ______.
(a) Sep 05 (b) Sep 06
(c) Sep 07 (d) Sep 08
26. On Sep 05, PTI leader Chaudhry Sarwar was sworn in as the ______ governor of Punjab.
(a) 34th (b) 37th
(c) 38th (d) 40th
27. Dr Syed Kaleem Imam is the current Inspector General of ______ Police.
(a) Punjab (b) Balochistan
(c) KP (d) Sindh
28. On Sep 07, the federal government appointed Muhammad Tahir the IGP ______.
(a) KP (b) Punjab
(c) Balochistan (d) Sindh
29. Begum Kulsoom Nawaz, the wife of Pakistan’s jailed former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, died on ______.
(a) Sep 11 (b) Sep 12
(c) Sep 13 (d) Sep 14
30. Late Kulsoom Nawaz was the granddaughter of undivided India’s all-time greatest wrester Ghulam Mohammad Baksh alias ______.
(a) Gama Pehlwan (b) Bholu Pehlwan
(c) Akki Pehlwan (d) Goga Pehlwan
31. On Sep 13, Pakistan’s Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan, was awarded the _____ Legion of Merit.
(a) Swiss (b) Turkish
(c) French (d) German
1. Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed is the president of ______.
(a) Somalia (b) Nigeria
(c) Indonesia (d) Mauritius
2. Aretha Franklin, the ______ music icon and legendary singer known as the “Queen of Soul,” died on Aug 16.
(a) Spanish (b) American
(c) Irish (d) British
3. Former Indian prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee died on ______.
(a) Aug 15 (b) Aug 16
(c) Aug 17 (d) Aug 20
4. On Aug 17, Brian Hook was appointed Washington’s special representative for______.
(a) Afghanistan (b) Iran
(c) Pakistan (d) India
5. The 18th Asian Games were held in Jakarta, the capital of ______.
(a) Algeria (b) Malaysia
(c) Morocco (d) Indonesia
6. Former UN chief and Nobel peace laureate Kofi Annan, who died on Aug 18, belonged to ______.
(a) Congo (b) South Africa
(c) Kenya (d) Ghana
7. On Aug 20, Iran unveiled its first domestic fighter jet, ______, a fourth-generation fighter.
(a) Jahandar (b) Kowsar
(c) Tajalli (d) Shahab
8. The World Mosquito Day is observed every year on ______.
(a) Aug 20 (b) Aug 22
(c) Aug 24 (d) Aug 26
9. The UN observed the first-ever International Day of Remembrance of and Tribute to Victims of Terrorism on ______.
(a) Aug 20 (b) Aug 21
(c) Aug 23 (d) Aug 25
10. The autobiography of renowned Indian journalist Kuldip Nayar, who passed away on Aug 23, is ______.
(a) India Rediscovered
(b) Without Fear
(c) Beyond The Lines
(d) The Arduous Journey
11. Francisco Franco was a ______ general who ruled as a dictator until his death.
(a) Thai (b) Spanish
(c) Cambodian (d) Vietnamese
12. On Aug 24, Scott Morrison was elected as the 30th prime minister of ______.
(a) Australia (b) Latvia
(c) Greece (d) Spain
13. On Aug 25, ______ Olympic champion Sohrab Moradi broke weightlifting’s longest standing world record in the men’s 94-kilogram class
(a) Pakistan’s (b) Afghanistan’s
(c) India’s (d) Iran’s
14. On Aug 26, the Iranian parliament voted to remove Masoud Karbasian, the minister for ______ from office.
(a) Defence (b) Foreign Affairs
(c) Finance (d) Internal Security
15. On Aug 26, Emmerson Mnangagwa was officially sworn in as president of ______.
(a) Kenya (b) South Africa
(c) Chad (d) Zimbabwe
16. On Aug 26, Afghan President Ashraf Ghani appointed ______ his new National Security Adviser
(a) Hamdullah Mohib
(b) Hanif Atmar
(c) Tariq Shah Bahrami
(d) Wais Ahmad Barmak
17. The UN Independent International Fact-Finding Mission on Myanmar was headed by ______.
(a) Radhika Coomaraswamy
(b) Marzuki Darusman
(c) Christopher Dominic Sidoti
(d) Swapna Barman
18. On Aug 31, ______ beat India to claim the Asian Games women’s hockey title.
(a) Sri Lanka (b) S. Korea
(b) Japan (c) Bangladesh
19. ______ has won the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup France 2018.
(a) Japan (b) Spain
(c) France (d) Austria
20. The UN Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) was established in ______.
(a) 1945 (b) 1947
(c) 1949 (d) 1954
21. On Sep 02, General Austin Scott Miller of the US Army took over as the ________ commander to lead the NATO and US forces in Afghanistan.
(a) 12th (b) 14th
(c) 16th (d) 17th
22. On Sep 03, Michelle Bachelet, a former President of ______, took the helm of the UN human rights office.
(a) Argentine (b) Chile
(c) Portugal (d) Croatia
23. Rikako Ikee, the first female athlete to be named the Most Valuable Player (MVP) at Asian Games, is from ______.
(a) Vietnam (b) Japan
(c) Cambodia (d) China
24. India defeated ______ to win bronze medal in hockey at the 2018 Jakarta Asian Games.
(a) Japan (b) China
(c) Malaysia (d) Pakistan
25. On Sep 05, Dennis Green, the first ______ to compete at five Olympic Games, died.
(a) Australian (b) British
(c) Swede (d) American
26. Forum on China-Africa Cooperation (FOCAC) was launched in ______.
(a) 1994 (b) 1998
(c) 2000 (d) 2008
27. On Sep 06, the Supreme Court of India decriminalised consensual adult sex that was enshrined in Section ______ of the country’s Constitution.
(a) 214 (b) 377
(c) 35A (d) 324
28. The military communications pact signed by India and the United States in the first round of the ‘2-plus-2-dialogue’ is named ______.
(a) COMCASA (b) LEMOA
(c) GSOMIA (d) BECA
29. On Sep 07, the presidents of Iran, Russia and ______ met in Tehran to discuss a possible military offensive in Idlib, Syria.
(a) France (b) Turkey
(c) Iraq (d) China
30. ______ has clinched the men’s singles title of US Open 2018.
(a) Rafael Nadal (b) Kei Nishikori
(c) Roger Federer (d) Novak Djokovic
31. On Sep 09, ______ became the first Japanese player to win the women’s singles title at the US Open.
(a) Naomi Osaka (b) Kimiko Datun
(c) Kurumi Nara (d) Ai Sugiyama
32. On Sep 11, land border crossings between Ethiopia and ______ were reopened for the first time in 20 years.
(a) Somalia (b) Kenya
(c) Eritrea (d) Mozambique
33. The Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) is in ______.
(a) Ghana (b) Mozambique
(c) Zimbabwe (d) India
34. The 2018 Global Summit on Climate Action was held in ______.
(a) Chicago (b) San Francisco
(c) Washington DC (d) New York
35. On Sep 10, England’s most-capped Test player and record run scorer ______, retired from international cricket.
(a) Chris Woakes (b) Stuart Broad
(c) Ben Stokes (d) Alastair Cook
36. On Sep 11, ______ began its biggest war games – the Vostok-2018.
(a) France (b) Russia
(c) USA (d) China
37. The International Day of Democracy is observed every year on ______.
(a) Sep 10 (b) Sep 12
(c) Sep 14 (d) Sep 15
This post has been seen 18961 times.