1. The government launched the National Disaster Risk Management Fund (NDRMF) on ______.
(a) July 16 (b) July 17
(c) July 18 (d) July 19
2. On July 17, Engr Dr Tahir Masood took the charge of Managing Director/President of ______.
(a) PNRA (b) NESPAK
(c) PEMRA (d) NEPRA
3. Pakistan has been ranked ______ out of 86 countries on the Inclusive Internet Index of the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).
(a) 57th (b) 64th
(c) 68th (d) 79th
4. The Ishkoman valley is in ______.
(a) Punjab (b) Gilgit-Baltistan
(c) Balochistan (d) KP
5. Zainab Bibi, the tallest woman declared by the Guinness Book of World Records in ___ died on July 19.
(a) 1997 (b) 2001
(c) 2003 (d) 2007
6. On July 22, Afghanistan and Pakistan held inaugural meetings of the five Working Groups under the Afghanistan and Pakistan Action Plan for Peace and Solidarity in ______.
(a) Dushanbe (b) Islamabad
(c) Ankara (d) Kabul
7. On July 25, ______ general elections in Pakistan were held.
(a) 11th (b) 12th
(c) 14th (d) 35th
8. The 1,320MW coal-fired Hubco Power Plant is located in ______.
(a) Punjab (b) Balochistan
(c) Sindh (d) KP
9. On July 28, Pakistan’s ______ won the Annapurna Corporate Invitational International Badminton Tournament that was played in Kathmandu.
(a) Palwasha Khan (b) Rizwana Azeem
(c) Aliya Shahzadi (d) Mahnoor Shahzad
10. The 6,080-metre Manglesser Peak is located in the Shimshal valley of the ______ mountain range.
(a) Hindu Kush (b) Koh-i-Suleman
(c) Karakoram (d) Kirthar
11. The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) activated its three-year $4.5-billion oil financing facility for Pakistan on ______.
(a) July 26 (b) July 28
(c) July 29 (d) July 31
12. On Aug 01, _____ was unanimously elected as the president of the Pakistan Squash Federation.
(a) Mujahid Anwar Khan (b) Qamar Zaman Khan
(c) Amir Nawaz (d) Sohail Aman
13. As per the 2018 Global Slavery Index, China, Pakistan, Bangladesh and ______ account for about 58 percent of people living in slavery globally.
(a) North Korea (b) Sri Lanka
(c) Eritrea (d) Uzbekistan
14. As per the 2018 Global Slavery Index, there are about ______ people living in slavery in Pakistan.
(a) 3.19 million (b) 3.69 million
(c) 4.57 million (d) 5.02 million
15. On Aug 03, one dozen schools, including an Army Public School, in various parts of Gilgit-Baltistan’s ______ district were torched.
(a) Ghanche (b) Skardu
(c) Shigar (d) Diamer
16. The US Congress passed the National Defense Authorization Act for 2019, which significantly reduces security assistance to Pakistan, on ______.
(a) Aug 01 (b) Aug 02
(d) Aug 03 (d) Aug 04
17. The Centre of Excellence of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) was inaugurated at the Balochistan University of Information Technology, Engineering and Management Sciences (BUITEMS) on ______.
(a) Aug 01 (b) Aug 02
(d) Aug 05 (d) Aug 07
18. On Aug 07, ______ became Pakistan’s first woman envoy to Iran.
(a) Amb Attiya Mahmood
(b) Amb Riffat Masood
(c) Amb Seema Illahi Baloch
(d) Amb Raana Rahim
19. On Aug 07, Pakistan and ______ signed an agreement that allowed for training of Pakistani troops at the latter’s military training institutes.
(a) UK (b) Russia
(c) USA (d) China
20. On Aug 09, the inaugural Asma Jahangir Scholarship was awarded to a student named _____.
(a) Sana Gul (b) Sajida Vandal
(c) Wajiha Aziz (d) Shaheen Sattar
21. On Aug 10, the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) annulled the election for _____ where women had apparently been barred from voting.
(a) PK-11 (b) PK-20
(c) PK-23 (d) PK-28
22. On Aug 10, a platoon of cadets at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst (RMAS), led by Pakistan Army’s______, was declared the best platoon of the course.
(a) Major Usman Gardezi
(b) Major Salman Masood
(c) Major Umar Farooq
(d) Major Uqba Malik
23. On Aug 10, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia announced 50 scholarships for the poor and underprivileged students from ______.
(a) Balochistan (b) Gilgit-Baltistan
(c) Sindh (d) KP
24. On Aug 12, ______ won the 2nd Parvez Abbasi Open Shooting Championship 2018.
(a) WPDA (b) PAF
(c) Pakistan Navy (d) Pakistan Army
25. On Aug 13, ______ won the 10th National Bank of Pakistan (NBP) ranking snooker championship.
(a) Mohammad Ijaz
(b) Mohammad Sajjad
(c) Mohammad Asif Toba
(d) Salahuddin Satti
26. On Aug 13, the inaugural session of Pakistan’s ______ National Assembly was held in parliament building Islamabad.
(a) 13th (b) 15th
(c) 16th (d) 18th
27. Justice Tahira Safdar is the first ever woman chief justice of the ______ High Court.
(a) Lahore (b) Sindh
(c) Peshawar (d) Balochistan
28. On Aug 15, Pakistan-born Mehreen Faruqi became the first female Muslim member to be appointed to the ______ senate.
(a) Swedish (b) Australian
(c) French (d) US
29. The number of women who made it to the National Assembly through direct General election 2018 is ______.
(a) Shanghai (b) Tehran
(c) Islamabad (d) Moscow
30. On Aug 15, Asad Qaiser of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) was sworn in as the ______ Speaker of the National Assembly
(a) 21st (b) 22nd
(c) 25th (d) 27th
31. Pakistan’s ______ is the fastest player to score 1000 runs in One-Day International (ODI) cricket.
(a) Asad Shafiq (b) Fakhar Zaman
(c) Babar Azam (d) Umar Akmal
1. On July 16, US President Donald Trump and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin held a historic summit in Helsinki, the capital of______.
(a) Finland (b) Norway
(c) Latvia (d) Laos
2. On July 16, India test-fired supersonic cruise missile ______.
(a) Mysore-II (b) BrahMos
(c) Agni-VII (d) Prithvi-Vi
3. The EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement, the biggest ever trade agreement negotiated by the EU, was signed on ______.
(a) July 15 (b) July 16
(c) July 17 (d) July 20
4. The Nelson Mandela International Day is observed on ______.
(a) July 16 (b) June 18
(c) July 20 (d) July 22
5. The head of the Iranian Atomic Energy Organization is ______.
(a) Eshaq Jahangiri (b) Hassan Rouhani
(c) Abbas Salehi (d) Ali Akbar Salehi
6. On July 18, the EU antitrust regulators hit ______ with a record fine of 4.34 billion euros ($5bn).
(a) Yahoo (b) WhatsApp
(c) MSN (d) Google
7. On ______, Israel’s parliament, the Knesset, adopted a law defining the country as the nation state of the Jewish people.
(a) July 17 (b) July 19
(c) July 20 (d) July 21
8. On July 19, European aerospace giant Airbus conducted the first test flight of the giant new ______.
(a) Beluga XL (b) Airbus A350
(c) Thor (UAV) (d) Airbus Beluga
9. Lee Hsien Loong is the Prime Minister of ______.
(a) Cambodia (b) Singapore
(c) Vietnam (d) Thailand
10. On July 23, the ICJ, the UN’s top court, ordered the ______ that it must allow families, which include Qatari members, to be reunited.
(a) Bahrain (b) Kuwait
(c) UAE (d) Saudi Arabia
11. On July 25, the 10th BRICS Summit with the theme “BRICS in Africa: collaboration for inclusive growth and shared prosperity in the 4th industrial revolution” started in _____.
(a) Brasilia (b) Johannesburg
(c) Beijing (d) New Delhi
12. On July 25, a former senior US legal official, David Crane, was picked to lead a UN investigation into violence in ______.
(a) Gaza (b) Yemen
(c) Myanmar (d) South Sudan
13. On July 25, _____ right-back Benjamin Pavard won the 2018 World Cup goal of the tournament award.
(a) Belgium’s (b) Croatia’s
(c) Germany’s (d) France’s
14. On July 25, Iran appointed Abdolnasser Hemmati the governor of its central bank, replacing ______.
(a) Javad Vahhaji (b) Majid Ghassemi
(c) Valiollah Seif (d) Ebrahim Sheibani
15. The Xe Pian Xe Namnoy hydroelectric project is in ______.
(a) Japan (b) India
(c) China (d) Laos
16. On July 25, former ______ wicket-keeper John ‘JT’ Murray died aged 83.
(a) England (b) Australia
(c) West Indies (d) South Africa
17. Ramon Magsaysay Award is regarded as the ______ version of the Nobel Prize.
(a) African (b) Asian
(c) European (d) Chinese
18. On July 27, over a thousand rockets belonging to Tipu Sultan, an 18th-century Muslim king in India, were found in India’s ______ state.
(a) Kerala (b) Tamil Nadu
(c) Karnataka (d) Bengaluru
19. On July 28, ______ mariner Wendy Tuck became the first female skipper to win the Clipper Round of The World Yacht Race.
(a) Australian (b) Spanish
(c) Finnish (d) Austrian
20. The theme of the 2018 World Hepatitis Day, which was observed on July 28, was ______.
(a) Eliminate Hepatitis
(b) Hepatitis: Think Again
(c) Test. Treat. Hepatitis
(d) Know Hepatitis-Act now
21. Kane Tanaka, a ______ super centenarian, ______ is now the world’s oldest verified living person.
(a) Brazilian (b) Chinese
(c) Cambodian (d) Japanese
22. On July 29, ______ won the boy’s title at the WSF-World junior squash team championship 2018.
(a) England (b) Egypt
(c) Malaysia (d) Pakistan
23. After years of discord, on July 30, Eritrea and ______ announced to establish diplomatic relations.
(a) Sudan (b) Somalia
(c) Kenya (d) Ethiopia
24. In their 1,000th Test match, England secured a resounding victory over ______.
(a) South Africa (b) Australia
(c) Sri Lanka (d) India
25. On Aug 05, ______ won the 14th edition of Women’s Hockey World Cup 2018.
(a) Australia (b) Ireland
(c) Netherlands (d) Spain
26. On ______, US President Donald Trump unilaterally re-imposed sanctions on Iran that had been suspended under the nuclear agreement JCPOA signed 3 years ago.
(a) Aug 02 (b) Aug 04
(c) Aug 06 (d) Aug 08
27. On Aug 07, China successfully tested its wave-rider hypersonic aircraft the Xingkong-2, or _____.
(a) Shining Light (b) Starry Sky-2
(c) Lucas (d) Sky Explorer
28. On Aug 07, a towering ______ leader M. Karunanidhi, who began his political career as an anti-Hindi agitator, died.
(a) Tamil (b) Kannada
(c) Malayali (d) Telugu
29. On Aug 07, Ivan Duque took office as the new president of ______.
(a) Nigeria (b) Colombia
(c) Brazil (d) Venezuela
30. On Aug 08, Nobel Prize-winning scientist ______ was declared the most influential woman in history, in a BBC survey.
(a) Rosalyn Yalow (b) Carol Greider
(c) Alice Munro (d) Marie Curie
31. On Aug 09, ______ recognized Palestine as a sovereign state.
(a) Colombia (b) Venezuela
(c) Lithuania (d) Panama
32. On Aug 12, the leaders of Azerbaijan, Iran, Kazakhstan, ______ and Turkmenistan – the five states bordering the resource-rich Caspian Sea – signed a landmark deal on the legal status of the inland sea.
(a) Turkey (b) Uzbekistan
(c) Russia (d) Mauritius
33. The International Youth Day is celebrated every year on ______.
(a) Aug 08 (b) Aug 10
(c) Aug 11 (d) Aug 12
34. On Aug 12, Sir Vidiadhar Surajprasad (VS) Naipaul, the ______-born author, passed away.
(a) Pakistan (b) Trinidad
© Nepal (d) India
35. On Aug 12, England’s ______ became the first to claim 100 Test wickets at Lord’s Cricket Ground.
(a) Chris Woakes (b) Stuart Broad
(c) Ben Stokes (d) James Anderson
36. Michelle Bachelet, a former President of _____, is the new UN High Commissioner for Human Rights.
(a) Finland (b) Chile
(c) Argentina (d) Australia
This post has been seen 27380 times.