1. A train is running at a speed of 40 km/hr and it crosses a post in 18 sec. What is the length of the train?
(a) 160 m (b) 190 m
(c) 200 m (d) 210 m
2. A 130-metre-long train travels at a speed of 45 km/hr. It crosses a bridge in 30 sec. What will be the length of the bridge?
(a) 230 metres (b) 235 metres
(c) 245 metres (d) 270 metres
3. A train has a length of 150 metres. It passes a man who is moving at 2 km/hr in the same direction as is the train, in 3 sec. Find out the speed of the train.
(a) 152 km/hr (b) 169 km/hr
(c) 180 km/hr (d) 182 km/hr
4. A train, having a length of 240 metres, passes a post in 24 sec. How long will it take to pass a platform having a length of 650 metres?
(a) 89 sec (b) 99 sec
(c) 110 sec (d) 120 sec
5. A 360-metre-long train runs at a speed of 45 km/hr. What time will it take to pass a platform of 140-metre length?
(a) 35 sec (b) 37 sec
(c) 38 sec (d) 40 sec
6. Two trains running in opposite directions cross a man standing at the platform in 27 sec and 17 sec respectively. If they cross each other in 23 sec, what is the ratio of their speeds?
(a) 1:3 (b) 3:1
(c) 2:3 (d) 3:2
7. A jogger is running at 9 kmph alongside a railway track, 240 metres ahead of the engine of a 120-metre-long train. The train is running at 45 km/hr in the same direction. How much time will the train take to pass the jogger?
(a) 18 sec (b) 36 sec
(c) 11 sec (d) 22 sec
8. Two trains of equal length are running on parallel lines in the same direction at 46 km/hr and 36 km/hr. If the faster train passes the slower train in 36 sec, what is the length of each train?
(a) 50 metres (b) 622 metres
(c) 70 metres (d) 88 metres
9. Two trains, having lengths of 140m and 160m, respectively, run at a speed of 60 km/hr and 40 km/hr in opposite directions (on parallel tracks). What will be the time they take to cross each other?
(a) 8.8 sec (b) 9.8 sec
(c) 10.8 sec (d) 12.1 sec
Read More: Competitive Maths Series
Sorry you have no rights to view this Article/Post!
Please Login or Register to view the complete Article
To get full access EMAIL your username, Subscription Plan and email address at email@example.com for details
SUBSCRIPTION PLANS Rs. 3300 for 1 year.
This post has been seen 3763 times.