Notice: Undefined index: tie_hide_share in /home/jworldti/public_html/jwt2015/wp-content/themes/JWT2016/single.php on line 45
1. A train is running at a speed of 40 km/hr and it crosses a post in 18 sec. What is the length of the train?
(a) 160 m (b) 190 m
(c) 200 m (d) 210 m
2. A 130-metre-long train travels at a speed of 45 km/hr. It crosses a bridge in 30 sec. What will be the length of the bridge?
(a) 230 metres (b) 235 metres
(c) 245 metres (d) 270 metres
3. A train has a length of 150 metres. It passes a man who is moving at 2 km/hr in the same direction as is the train, in 3 sec. Find out the speed of the train.
(a) 152 km/hr (b) 169 km/hr
(c) 180 km/hr (d) 182 km/hr
4. A train, having a length of 240 metres, passes a post in 24 sec. How long will it take to pass a platform having a length of 650 metres?
(a) 89 sec (b) 99 sec
(c) 110 sec (d) 120 sec
5. A 360-metre-long train runs at a speed of 45 km/hr. What time will it take to pass a platform of 140-metre length?
(a) 35 sec (b) 37 sec
(c) 38 sec (d) 40 sec
6. Two trains running in opposite directions cross a man standing at the platform in 27 sec and 17 sec respectively. If they cross each other in 23 sec, what is the ratio of their speeds?
(a) 1:3 (b) 3:1
(c) 2:3 (d) 3:2
7. A jogger is running at 9 kmph alongside a railway track, 240 metres ahead of the engine of a 120-metre-long train. The train is running at 45 km/hr in the same direction. How much time will the train take to pass the jogger?
(a) 18 sec (b) 36 sec
(c) 11 sec (d) 22 sec
8. Two trains of equal length are running on parallel lines in the same direction at 46 km/hr and 36 km/hr. If the faster train passes the slower train in 36 sec, what is the length of each train?
(a) 50 metres (b) 622 metres
(c) 70 metres (d) 88 metres
9. Two trains, having lengths of 140m and 160m, respectively, run at a speed of 60 km/hr and 40 km/hr in opposite directions (on parallel tracks). What will be the time they take to cross each other?
(a) 8.8 sec (b) 9.8 sec
(c) 10.8 sec (d) 12.1 sec
Read More: Competitive Maths Series
10. Two trains of 1.10 km and 0.9 km length are moving in opposite directions at a speed of 60 and 90 kmph, respectively. The time taken by the slower train to cross the faster one will be:
(a) 47 sec (b) 48 sec
(c) 56 sec (d) 57 sec
11. A train passes a platform in 36 sec. The same train passes a man standing on the platform in 20 sec. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr, the length of the platform is:
(a) 200 m (b) 200 m
(c) 230 m (d) 240 m
12. A train moves past a post and a 264-metre-long platform in 88 sec and 20 sec, respectively. What is the speed of the train?
(a) 79.2 km/hr (b) 80.4 km/hr
(c) 82.2 km/hr (d) 92.8 km/hr
13. Two trains having equal lengths, take 10 sec and 15 sec respectively to cross a post. If the length of each train is 120 metres, in what time (in sec) will they cross each other when travelling in opposite direction?
(a) 8 (b) 10
(c) 12 (d) 14
14. Two trains, one from P to Q and the other from Q to P, start running simultaneously. After they meet, the trains reach their destinations after 9 hours and 16 hours respectively. The ratio of their speeds is:
(a) 2:1 (b) 2:3
(c) 3:2 (d) 4:3
15. A train having a length of ¼ mile, is travelling at a speed of 75 mph. It enters a tunnel 3½ miles long. How long does it take the train to pass through the tunnel from the moment the front enters to the moment the rear emerges?
(a) 1.2 min (b) 1.9 min
(c) 2.7 min (d) 3.0 min
16. A train runs at the speed of 72 kmph and crosses a 250-metre0-long platform in 26 sec. What is the length of the train?
(a) 240 metres (b) 270 metres
(c) 280 metres (d) 295 metres
17. A train overtakes two persons who are walking in the same direction to that of the train at 2 kmph and 4 kmph and passes them completely in 9 and 10 sec respectively. What is the length of the train?
(a) 44 m (b) 48 m
(c) 50 m (d) 62 m
18. A train is travelling at 48 kmph. It crosses another train of half its length, travelling in opposite direction at 42 kmph, in 12 sec. It also passes a railway platform in 45 sec. What is the length of the platform?
(a) 360 m (b) 380 m
(c) 400 m (d) 420 m
19. A train having a length of 270 metre is running at a speed of 120 kmph. It crosses another train running in opposite direction at the speed of 80 kmph in 9 sec. What is the length of the other train?
(a) 190 m (b) 210 m
(c) 230 m (d) 320 m
20. Two trains, each 100-metre-long, are moving in opposite directions. They cross each other in 8 sec. If one is moving twice as fast the other, the speed of the faster train is:
(a) 40 km/hr (b) 50 km/hr
(c) 60 km/hr (d) 70 km/hr