Notice: Undefined index: tie_hide_share in /home/jworldti/public_html/jwt2015/wp-content/themes/JWT2016/single.php on line 45
1. On Nov 16, Pakistan’s 1st Austro Turf cricket stadium was inaugurated in Balochistan’s ______ city.
(a) Quetta (b) Chaman
(c) Kalat (d) Zhob
2. Rizwan Munir Bhutta, who passed away on Nov 16, was a former Olympian and a renowned ______.
(a) Hockey player (b) Cyclist
(c) Shooter (d) Runner
3. Tableeghi Jamaat emir Haji Abdul Wahab passed away on ______.
(a) Nov 16 (b) Nov 17
(c) Nov 18 (d) Nov 20
4. On Nov 18, defending champion ______ won the Thal desert race.
(a) Nadir Magsi (b) Qadir Nawaz
(c) Ali Sultan (d) Zafar Magsi
5. On Nov 19, the Centre and the provinces decided to form task forces to control______.
(a) Corruption (b) Street Crimes
(c) Money laundering (d) Population growth
6. On Nov 20, Pakistan Railways and the National Railway Administration of China signed an agreement pertaining to doubling of the entire ML-1 track from Karachi to______.
(a) Multan (b) Peshawar
(c) Quetta (d) Ziarat
7. On Nov 20, the UNGA’s Third Committee, which deals with social, humanitarian and cultural issues, passed ______ resolution on the right to self-determination.
(a) Sudan’s (b) Pakistan’s
(c) Norway’s (d) China’s
8. On Nov 20, Global Education Monitoring Report 2019 on migration, displacement and education: “Building Bridges not Walls” was released by ______.
(a) UNESCO (b) UNICEF
(c) UNDP (d) ILO
9. Chinese consulate in Karachi was attacked on ______.
(a) Nov 23 (b) Nov 24
(c) Nov 26 (d) Nov 27
10. On Nov 23, ______ was appointed the President of the National Bank of Pakistan (NBP).
(a) Adnan Afridi (b) Arif Usmani
(c) Khalid Mirza (d) Asif Ashraf
11. The Farmers Associates of Pakistan is headquartered in ______.
(a) Islamabad (b) Multan
(c) Hyderabad (d) Lahore
12. On Nov 24, the ______ listed water crisis, unmanageable inflation, terrorist attacks, failure of urban planning and critical infrastructure as immediate risks faced by Pakistan.
(a) Asian Development Bank (b) World Economic Forum
(c) International Monetary Fund (d) World Bank
Read More: National & International MCQs (Aug-Sep 2018)
13. On Nov 24, ______ was elected as the Chairperson of the Softball Federation of Pakistan .
(a) Amina Wali (b) Tehmina Asif
(c) Hajra Khan (d) Samina Baig
14. On Nov 25, ______ was appointed Member NEPRA for Sindh province.
(a) Murtaza Wahab (b) Sassi Palejo
(c) Rafique Ahmed Shaikh (d) Shahid Ashraf
15. On Nov 25, the Human Resources Committee of the World Bank Board elected Pakistan’s Executive Director ______ as its Chairman for a period of two years.
(a) Waqar ul Islam (b) Sadiq Saeed
(d) Shahid Ashraf Tarar (c) Dr Tauqir Shah
16. The 11th International Urdu Conference was held in______.
(a) Hyderabad (b) Lahore
(c) Karachi (d) Islamabad
17. The Pakistan-UK Education Gateway Program was launched at the HEC Secretariat on ______.
(a) Nov 24 (b) Nov 26
(c) Nov 28 (d) Nov 30
18. On Nov 27, Punjab Police SSP ______ featured in the IACP’s 40 Under 40 Awardees 2018.
(a) Shujaat Ali (b) Rizwan Gondal
(c) Muntazir Ali (d) Faisal Mukhtar
19. On Nov 27, Jam Mashooq, an adviser to former prime minister ______, passed away.
(a) Zafrullah Jamali (b) Benazir Bhutto
(c) Nawaz Sharif (d) Shaukat Aziz
20. On Nov 27, ______ won the 33rd President of Pakistan Gold Medal Golf Championship.
(a) Asad Khan (b) M. Shabir
(c) Talal Rahi (d) M. Akram Ali
21. On Nov 27, ______ retained the Pepsi-PCB Under-16 Cricket Stars Pentangular Cup crown.
(a) Punjab (b) Sindh
(c) KP (d) HBL
22. On Nov 28, PM Imran Khan laid the foundation stone of the Kartarpur corridor in Punjab’s district ______.
(a) Nankana Sahib (b) Narowal
(c) Sialkot (d) Sheikhupura
23. On Nov 28, Justice Athar Minallah took over as the chief justice of the ______ High Court.
(a) Sindh (b) Peshawar
(c) Islamabad (d) Lahore
24. Eminent writer Altaf Fatima breathed her last on ______.
(a) Nov 21 (b) Nov 24
(c) Nov 28 (d) Nov 29
25. ______ is the first city in interior Sindh to have a satellite NICVD center.
(a) Tando Allahyar (b) Larkana
(c) Mirpur Khas (d) Tando Jam
26. On Dec 02, ______ were crowned champions of the 12th National Women Karate Championship.
(a) WAPDA (b) Balochistan
(c) Punjab (d) Army
27. The current chairman of the Central Selection Board is ______.
(a) Minister for Interior (b) Chairman Planning Commission
(c) Chairman FPSC (d) Principal Secretary to PM
28. Sindhi Culture Day is celebrated on ______ Sunday of December.
(a) First (b) Second
(c) Third (d) Fourth
29. On Dec 04, Prime Minister Imran Khan appointed ______ the Special Adviser to Prime Minister on Youth Affairs.
(a) Usman Dar (b) Ali Tareen
(c) Zulfi Bukhari (d) Mohsin Dar
30. The dead body of martyred police officer Mohammad Tahir Khan Dawar, who was serving as SP Rural Peshawar, was found in ______ district of Afghanistan.
(a) Kabul (b) Dur Baba
(c) Jalalabad (d) Bihsud
31. On Dec 04, the 10th round of Pak-Iran Bilateral Political Consultations was held in ______.
(a) Zahidan (b) Ankara
(c) Islamabad (d) Tehran
32. On Dec 05, a symposium on population growth, which was called by Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Saqib Nisar, was held in ______.
(a) Peshawar (b) Islamabad
(c) Lahore (d) Karachi
33. A report titled “Glass Half Full: Promise of Regional Trade in South Asia” has been released by ______.
(a) AIIB (b) World Bank
(c) ADB (d) IMF
34. On Dec 06, Pakistani leg-spinner Yasir Shah broke an 82-year-old record of being the fastest cricketer to take 200 Test wickets, which was set up by ______ leg-spinner Clarrie Grimmett.
(a) Australian (b) English
(c) South African (d) New Zealander
35. On Dec 07, Nobel Prize laureate Malala Yousafzai was awarded the 2018 Gleitsman Award by the ______ University, for her work on promoting girls’ education.
(a) Cambridge (b) Oxford
(c) Stanford (d) Harvard
36. On Dec 08, Mustafa Faran Baig of Pakistan created a new Asian record in Dead Lift with 232.5kg in the Asian Classic Powerlifting Championship that was held in ______.
(a) China (b) India
(c) Mongolia (d) Pakistan
37. In Dec 2018, Warrior-VI 2018, the sixth joint exercise of the series was held between Pakistan and ______ .
(a) China (b) Turkey
(c) Afghanistan (d) Australia
38. On Dec 10, the CNS Admiral Zafar Mahmood Abbasi inaugurated Pakistan Maritime Security Agency (PMSA) Base at______.
(a) Gwadar (b) Posrt Qasim
(c) Keti Bandar (d) None of these
39. On Dec 11, ______ became the first female Additional Inspector General (Addl IG) of Police in the history of Pakistan.
(a) Helena Saeed (b) Ammara Athar
(c) Saira Rahat (d) Sumera Azam
40. Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) Chairman ______ was unanimously elected as the next head of South Asian Telecommunication Regulators Council (SATRC) on ______.
(a) Dec 12 (b) Dec 13
(c) China (d) Dec 15
1. The United Nations International Day for Tolerance is observed on ____.
(a) 14 Nov (b) 15 Nov
(c) 16 Nov (d) 18 Nov
2. On Nov 16, the US dropped its practice of abstaining in to vote an annual UN resolution condemning Israel’s occupation of ______.
(a) Gaza (b) Golan Heights
(c) West Bank (d) None of these
3. The kilogram is defined as the mass of a cylinder of platinum-iridium alloy nicknamed Le Grand K kept in a high-security vault in ______.
(a) New York, USA (b) Paris, France
(c) London, England (d) Berlin, Germany
4. Le Grand K has been the world’s sole true kilogram since ______.
(a) 1889 (b) 1896
(c) 1916 (d) 1924
5. The brutal regime of Khmer Rouge ruled ______ from 1975 to 1979.
(a) Thailand (b) Cambodia
(c) Vietnam (d) Laos
6. The headquarters of the African Union is in Addis Ababa, _____ capital.
(a) South Africa’s (b) Algeria’s
(c) Ethiopia’s (d) Nigeria’s
7. On Nov 17, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih took office as the president of ______.
(a) Algeria (b) Indonesia
(c) Maldives (d) Senegal
8. On Nov 18, the United States granted ______ a waiver from Iran sanctions on account of Iranian nuclear programme for some time.
(a) India (b) China
(c) Turkey (d) Afghanistan
9. European ministers signed off on Britain’s draft divorce deal on ______.
(a) Nov 17 (b) Nov 19
(c) Nov 20 (d) Nov 22
10. On Nov 19, the Executive Director of the United Nations Environment Programme, ______ resigned.
(a) Heikki Holmas (b) Achim Steiner
(c) Erik Solheim (d) Jens Stoltenberg
11. “Foal Eagle,” one of the world’s largest field exercises involving nearly 250,000 soldiers, is held between USA and ______.
(a) Canada (b) South Korea
(c) Germany (d) Nato
12. The Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action is the official name of ______.
(a) Paris Accord (b) Kyoto Protocol
(c) Iran Nuclear Deal (d) US-Canada-Mexico trade deal
13. The Oxford Dictionaries has chosen____its ‘Word of the Year 2018′.
(a) Russophobia (b) Toxic
(c) Justice (d) Disinformation
14. On Nov 23, ______ Nayeem Hasan became the youngest-ever player to take 5 wickets on debut.
(a) Afghan (b) Bangladeshi
(c) Pakistani (d) Indian
15. ______ is the first Bangladeshi bowler to take 200 Test wickets.
(a) Soumya Sarkar (b) Shakib Al Hasan
(c) Nasir Hossain (d) Mashrafe Mortaza
16. The current INTERPOL President Kim Jong-yang belongs to ______.
(a) South Korea (b) North Korea
(c) Philippines (d) Japan
17. On Nov 24, ____ Mary Kom became the most successful female boxer in world championships history after she clinched her sixth gold medal.
(a) India’s (b) France’s
(c) Sweden’s (d) Italy’s
18. On Nov 25, Australia defeated ______ to win the Women’s World T20 that was held in Antigua.
(a) West Indies (b) England
(b) India (c) Pakistan
19. The Black Sea is a body of water and marginal sea of the _____ Ocean.
(a) Indian (b) Atlantic
(c) Arctic (d) Pacific
20. On Nov 27, ______ appointed Maj. Gen. Alenka Ermenc as chief of the country’s army.
(a) Slovenia (b) Slovakia
(c) Norway (d) Sweden
21. The “Me Too” movement was founded by ______.
(a) Sherry Marts (b) Reid Hoffman
(c) Tarana Burke (d) None of these
22. The National Green Tribunal is the environmental watchdog of ______.
(a) Bangladesh (b) India
(c) Singapore (d) Indonesia
23. Ukraine imposed martial law in its border areas for 30 days on ______.
(a) Nov 24 (b) Nov 27
(c) Nov 29 (d) Nov 30
24. COP 24 climate summit was held in ______, Poland.
(a) Warsaw (b) Kraków
(c) Katowice (d) Zakopane
25. World Meteorological Organization, a United Nations agency concerned with the international collection of meteorological data, is headquartered in ______.
(a) Geneva (b) Paris
(c) Nairobi (d) New York
26. On Nov 29, Salome Zurabishvili was elected as the first woman president of ______.
(a) Laos (b) Georgia
(c) Malta (d) Slovakia
27. The trilateral US-Mexico-Canada Agreement, or USMCA, was signed on ______.
(a) Nov 26 (b) Nov 28
(c) Nov 30 (d) Dec 01
28. On Dec 01, ______ surpassed Apple as the world’s most valuable publicly traded company.
(a) Microsoft (b) Amazon
(c) Facebook (d) Google
29. Satya Nadella, the Chief Executive Officer of Microsoft, belongs to ______.
(a) Georgia (b) Serbia
(c) India (d) Kenya
30. On Nov 30, George HW Bush, the ______ president of the United States and the father of the 43rd, died.
(a) 38th (b) 39th
(c) 40th (d) 41st
31. The theme for International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women 2018 was ______.
(a) Orange the World: #HearMeToo
(b) Orange the World: #SupportMeToo
(c) Orange the World: #ListenMeToo
(d) Orange the World: #HelpMeToo
32. As per the Global Passport Index 2018, ______ has the strongest passport that now ranks first globally.
(a) USA (b) Switzerland
(c) UAE (d) Mauritius
33. On Dec 01, the commander of US Navy’s______, Vice Admiral Scott Stearney, was found dead.
(a) 4th fleet (b) 5th fleet
(c) 6th fleet (d) 7th fleet
34. On Dec 04, Luka Modric of ______ won the 2018 Ballon d’Or.
(a) Argentina (b) Sweden
(c) Croatia (d) France
35. On Dec 04, ______ Ada Hegerberg won the inaugural women’s Ballon d’Or award.
(a) Brazil’s (b) Norway’s
(c) France’s (d) Australia’s
36. Dec 05, China’s President Xi Jinping signed agreements to link ______ to Beijing’s Belt and Road Initiative.
(a) Portugal (b) Laos
(c) Saudi Arabia (d) Niger
37. On Dec 07, President Trump nominated State Department spokeswoman ______ as US ambassador to the United Nations.
(a) Samantha Power (b) Michele Sison
(c) Heather Nauert (d) John Kirby
38. On Dec 08, former _____ president Belisario Betancur, who steered his country through one of its most turbulent periods in the 1980s, died.
(a) Georgian (b) Cambodian
(c) Colombian (d) Vietnamese
39. On Dec 10, the world’s first state-of-the-art digital courtroom was unveiled in______.
(a) Riyadh (b) Dubai
(c) Jeddah (d) Abu Dhabi
40. On Dec 10, ______ was admitted as a full member to the Paris-based Financial Action Task Force (FATF).
(a) Egypt (b) Qatar
(c) Israel (d) UAE
41. Yellow Vests, or Yellow Jackets, movement has rocked ______ with prolonged protests.
(a) Germany (b) Italy
(c) France (d) Denmark
42. Lapis Lazuli corridor is a new trade route aimed at giving ______ direct access to Central Asia and Europe.
(a) Pakistan (b) Afghanistan
(c) India (d) Iran
43. On Dec 14, ______ passed laws to build an army, asserting its statehood.
(a) Czech Republic (b) Costa Rica
(c) Kosovo (d) Iceland
44. On Dec 15, Sri Lanka defeated ______ to clinch the Asia Cup Emerging Teams title.
(a) India (b) Afghanistan
(c) Bangladesh (d) Hong Kong