Facts 1. Incheon was awarded the right to host the Games on April 17, 2007, after it defeated Delhi, India in the race.
Official Name: The 17th Asian Games Incheon, 2014
Duration: September 19 â€“ October 4, 2014
Competition Venues: 49
Participants: 13,000 athletes and officials
Participating Countries: 45 members of the Olympic Council of Asia
Total Medals: 439 in 36 sports
Most Valuable Player (MVP): Hajino Kosko (Japanese Swimmer with 4 Gold Medals)
Official Mascots: The Spotted Seals (Chumuro, Vichuon and Barame)
First Gold Medal: China (Guo Wenjun, Zhang Mengyuan and Zhou Qingyuan at women’s 10m air pistol team event)
Last Gold Medal: China (Liu Shiwen in Women’s Table Tennis)
Pakistan’s Performance: 23rd on the medal table
Pakistan’s Medal Winners:
Gold: Women Cricket Team
Silver: Men’s Hockey Team
Bronze: Muhammad Waseem (Boxing); Maratib Ali Shah (Wushu) and Kabbadi Team
1. Incheon was awarded the right to host the Games on April 17, 2007, after it defeated Delhi, India in the race.
2. Incheon was the third city in South Korea after Seoul (1986) and Busan (2002) to host the Asian Games.
3. The medal design features a pentagon-shaped symbol with the emblem of Games inside.
4. The 2014 Games featured 28 Olympic sports that will be contested at the 2016 Summer Olympics.
5. Qatar pulled out of the women’s basketball competition after refusing to abide by international regulations preventing them from wearing hijabs.
6. Flag of Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) was handed over to Indonesian Olympic Committee which will host next games in 2018 in Jakarta.