Budget Brief 2019-20
Facts about Pakistan Economy
- 5th most populous country in the world
- 23rd largest in the world in terms of purchasing power parity (PPP)
- 40th largest in terms of nominal gross domestic product.
- Nominal GDP per capita of $1,357 in 2019 (ranks 154th )
- PPP GDP per capita of 5,839 in 2019(132th)
- Undocumented economy estimated at 36% of overall economy
- Economy is semi-industrialized
Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is a broad measurement of a nation’s overall economic activity. GDP is the monetary value of all the finished goods and services produced within a country’s borders in a specific time period. It includes all private and public consumption, government outlays, investments, additions to private inventories, paid-in construction costs and the foreign balance of trade (exports are added, imports are subtracted).
Gross National Product (GNP), which measures the overall production of an economy’s citizens, including those living abroad, while domestic production by foreigners is excluded.
Sorry you have no rights to view this Article/Post!
Please Login or Register to view the complete Article
To get full access EMAIL your username, Subscription Plan and email address at firstname.lastname@example.org for details or Whatsapp on
0302 555 68 02
Rs. 3500 for 1 year.