1. Pakistan Army held Raad ul Barq military exercise in ______.
(a) Lodhran (b) Rahimyar Khan
(d) Khairpur Tamewali
2. According to the Global Terrorism Index (GTI) 2016, Pakistan is at the ______ place among countries worst hit by terrorism.
(a) Second (b) Third
(c) Fourth (d) Eighth
3. Celebrated mountaineer Hassan Sadpara passed away on ______.
(a) Nov 18 (b) Nov 21
(c) Nov 24 (d) Nov 28
4. On Nov 22, Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) signed an MoU with the ______ to promote social and economic protection for BISP beneficiaries.
(a) ADB (b) UN-Women
(c) IDB (d) World Bank
5. Moeen Qureshi, who passed away on Nov 22, had served as the caretaker Prime Minister of Pakistan from 18 July to 19 October ______.
(a) 1991 (b) 1993
(c) 1997 (d) 1999
6. The four-day International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS) opened in Karachi on ______.
(a) Nov 16 (b) Nov 20
(c) Nov 22 (d) Nov 26
7. On Nov 23, the federal government approved an increase of ______ in the salary of members of parliament.
(a) 146% (b) 150%
(c) 175% (d) 200%
8. On Nov 23, ______ auctioned the country’s first three DTH licenses, for Rs. 14.7 billion.
(a) Nepra (b) Pemra
(c) PTA (d) PTCL
9. DTH stands for ______.
(a) Down To Hang (b) Direct To Home
(c) Deta-Type Hype (d) Daily Tar Hee
10. The sanctioned strength of Lahore High Court is ______ judges.
(a) 45 (b) 50
(c) 55 (d) 60
11. Pakistan’s boxer Mohammad Waseem is also known as ______.
(a) King Khan (b) The Lion
(c) The Furious (d) Falcon Khan
12. Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa, who took over the command of Pakistan Army on Nov 29, is the ______ COAS of Pakistan.
(a) 14th (b) 16th
(c) 18th (d) 20th
13. On Nov 29, ______ of Pakistan clinched the first title of the Causeway Scrabble Challenge.
(a) Abdullah Abbasi (b) Wasem Khatri
(c) Erum Niaz (d) Mehboob Ali
14. On Nov 30, taxi-hailing service ______ introduced women drivers in Pakistan
(a) Uber (b) Careem
(c) Autobhan (d) A-Taxi
15. Nawaz Sharif University of Engineering & Technology is in ______.
(a) Mianwali (b) Multan
(c) Sargodha (d) Lahore
16. The Pakistan Commissions of Inquiry Bill 2016 was passed by the National Assembly on ______.
(a) Nov 26 (b) Nov 30
(c) Dec 02 (d) Dec 05
17. The 2016 Global Enabling Trade Report of World Economic Forum ranked Pakistan at ______ position among 136 countries.
(a) 116th (b) 118th
(c) 119th (d) 122nd
18. The World Bodybuilding and Physique Sports Championship 2016 was held in ______.
(a) Canada (b) Malaysia
(c) Thailand (d) Taiwan
19. The Sindh Culture Day was celebrated on ______.
(a) Dec 01 (b) Dec 04
(c) Dec 05 (d) Dec 06
20. On Dec 05, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif gave approval to rename the National Centre for Physics at ______ as the ‘Professor Abdus Salam Centre for Physics’.
(a) QAU (b) IIUI
(c) PU (d) COMSATS
21. Pakistan became a member of 70-member bloc Open Government Partnership (OGP) on ______.
(a) Dec 04 (b) Dec 07
(c) Dec 08 (d) Dec 10
22. On Dec 07, an ATR of Pakistan International Airline en route from Chitral to Islamabad crashed near ______, killing all 48 on board.
(a) Havelian (b) Peshawar
(c) Margalla Hills (d) Chillas
22. On Dec 10, ______ was appointed as the new Director General of the National Language Promotion Department.
(a) Irfan Siddiqi (b) Iftikhar Arif
(c) Ali Asjad (d) Qasim Parekh
23. Pakistan won ______ medal at the First Asian Men’s Netball Championship 2016.
(a) Gold (b) Silver
(c) Bronze (d) None of these
24. The new Director General of Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) is ______.
(a) Lt Gen Nadeem Raza
(b) Lt Gen Muhammad Afzal
(c) Lt Gen Naveed Mukhtar
(d) Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor
25. On Dec 11, Pakistan Navy assembled ______ for the seaward security of Gwadar port and protection of associated sea lanes against both conventional and non-traditional threats.
(a) Rah Naward (b) TF-88
(c) Valiant (d) Sea Lions
26. Pakistan’s Babur Missile has a range of ______ kilometres.
(a) 350 (b) 450
(c) 700 (d) 1000
27. On Dec 15, ______ was appointed as the new Director General of the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR).
(a) Maj Gen Khalid Inayat
(b) Maj Gen M. Hidayatullah
(c) Maj Gen Naveed Mukhtar
(d) Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor
28. Former Olympian Mohammad Akhlaq, who passed away on Nov 25, was related with ______.
(a) Gymnastics (b) Shooting
(c) Hockey (d) Wrestling
29. Justice Mian Saqib Nisar is the ______ Chief Justice of Pakistan.
(a) 22nd (b) 25th
(c) 27th (d) 35th
30. ______ represented Pakistan at the Heart of Asia–Istanbul Process Conference, held in Amritsar, India.
(a) Tariq Fatemi (b) Sartaj Aziz
(c) Aizaz Chaudhary
(d) Chaudhary Nisar Ali Khan
1. Oxford Dictionaries declared ______ as the word of the year for 2016.
(a) Surreal (b) Post-truth
(c) Xenophobia (d) Hooch
2. International Day for Tolerance is observed annually on ______
(a) Nov 16 (b) Nov 17
(c) Nov 15 (d) Nov 18
3. The 2016 World Internet Conference was held in ______.
(a) Peru (b) India
(c) China (d) Russia
4. On Nov 17, China’s ______ won the fastest supercomputer title.
(a) Rmax (b) Cray Titan
(c) NUDT Tianhe-2
(d) Sunway TaihuLight’
5. On Nov 17, ______ officially withdrew from International Criminal Court (ICC).
(a) S. Africa (b) Mozambique
(c) Russia (d) Syria
6. Dr Yusuf Ahmad Al-Othaimeen is the current Secretary General of _____.
(a) Arab League (b) OIC
(c) Gulf Council (d) OPEC
7. The COP22 to the UNFCC, 12th session of COP of Parties to Kyoto Protocol (CMP 12), and first session of COP of Parties to the Paris Agreement (CMA 1) were held in ______.
(a) Lima (b) Marrakech
(c) Montreal (d) Tokyo
8. The Current president of the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) is ______
(a) Craig Reedie (b) William Benson
(c) Ezra Michaels (d) Richard Pound
9. On Nov 21, ______ launched world’s longest super-secure quantum communication line.
(a) Switzerland (b) Croatia
(c) China (d) India
10. The European Parliament consists of ______ members.
(a) 751 (b) 779
(c) 851 (d) 941
11. On Nov 23, South Korea approved a deal to share intelligence on North Korea directly with ______.
(a) USA (b) Japan
(c) Germany (d) Russia
12. On Nov 28, ______ was appointed as India’s new Director General of Military Operations (DGMO).
(a) Lt Gen Ajay Thakur
(b) Lt Gen Pratap Singh
(c) Lt Gen AK Bhatt
(d) Lt Gen Ranbir Singh
13. FARC is a guerrilla movement that recently concluded a peace deal with the government of ______.
(a) Venezuela (b) Colombia
(c) Vietnam (d) Honduras
14. The 24th APEC Summit was held in______.
(a) Bangkok (b) New Delhi
(c) Shanghai (d) Lima
15. Players of a Brazilian football club ______ were among those dead in a plane crash in Colombia.
(a) Chapecoense Real
(b) Juventud Alianza
(c) CD Barco (d) A. S. Cittadella
16. On Nov 29, ______ MPs voted overwhelmingly to ban the Islamic full-face burqa from some public places.
(a) Peruvian (b) Serbian
(c) Dutch (d) Croatian
17. On Dec 02, a midfielder of ______ Omar Abdulrahman was crowned AFC player of the year.
(a) Saudi Arabia (b) UAE
(c) Kuwait (d) Qatar
18. On Dec 03, ______ and the UAE launched a fund of hundred million US dollars in order to protect heritage sites threatened by extremism and conflict.
(a) Saudi Arabia (b) USA
(c) Russia (d) France
19. Jayalalithaa Jayaram, who died on Dec 05, was the chief minister of India’s ______ state.
(a) Telangana (b) Uttar Pradesh
(c) Tamil Nadu (d) Karnataka
20. John Key was the Prime Minister of ______.
(a) Australia (b) New Zealand
(c) France (d) Canada
21. ______ won the 2016 Davis Cup tennis tournament.
(a) Argentina (b) Switzerland
(c) Serbia (d) Croatia
22. On Dec 03, ______ won 2016 International Children’s Peace Prize.
(a) Abraham M. Keita
(b) Neha Gupta
(c) Kehkashan Basu
(d) Malala Yousafzai
23. The 2016 Heart of Asia (HoA)—Istanbul Ministerial Process was held in Indian city of ______.
(a) New Delhi (b) Amritsar
(c) Goa (d) Mumbai
24. On Dec 05, Shavkat Mirziyoyev became the second-ever president of ______.
(a) Tajikistan (b) Azerbaijan
(c) Uzbekistan (d) Turkmenistan
25. The new Chief Justice of India, 44th of the country, is ______.
(a) Justice TS Thakur
(b) Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar
(c) Justice Dipak Misra
(d) Justice Arjan Kumar Sikri
26. ______ topped the 2016 World’s Most Powerful People list of Forbes.
(a) Vladimir Putin (b) Donald Trump
(c) Narendra Modi (d) Angela Merkel
27. Gotthard Base Tunnel (GBT), the world’s longest and deepest traffic tunnel, is located in ______.
(a) France (b) Japan
(c) Switzerland (d) China
28. World Philosophy Day is observed on ______.
(a) First Sunday of November
(b) Second Monday of November
(c) Third Thursday of November
(d) Fourth Saturday of November
29. NASA food scientists recently developed ______ as a healthy meal replacement for their future space mission.
(a) Snack bar (b) Shake
(c) Juice (d) Candy
30. The theme of 2016 United Nations'(UN) Universal Children’s day was ______.
(a) Teach Respect
(b) A World Fit for Children
(c) Stop violence against children
(d) Innovate for Children
31. The headquarters of the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) is in ______.
(a) Geneva (b) Rome
(c) Washington (d) New York
32. Denton Cooley, the famous surgeon who performed world’s first artificial heart transplant, belonged to ______.
(a) Germany (b) China
(c) Japan (d) United States
33. The International Day for the Abolition of Slavery is observed on ______.
(a) Nov 30 (b) Dec 01
(c) Dec 02 (d) Dec 03