1. On Sep 17, ______ clinched the Cool & Cool presents Jazz National T20 Cup.
(a) Lahore Blues (b) Karachi Whites
(c) Lahore Whites (d) Karachi Blues
2. Renowned scholar and intellectual Professor Mir Abdullah Jan Jamaldini died on ______.
(a) Sep 16 (b) Sep 18
(c) Sep 20 (d) Sep 22
3. Pakistan’s rank on the in the 2016 World Economic Freedom Index is ______.
(a) 122nd (b) 133rd
(c) 143rd (d) 159th
4. PM Nawaz Sharif addressed the 71st session of the United Nations General Assembly on ______.
(a) Sep 18 (b) Sep 21
(c) Sep 23 (d) Sep 24
5. On Sep 21, President Mamnoon Hussain conferred Nishan-i-Imtiaz (Military) on Gen Salih Zeki Colak, the Commander of the ______ Land Forces.
(a) Turkish (b) Iranian
(c) Egyptian (d) Saudi
6. On Sep 21, Pakistan’s test captain Misbah-ul-Haq became the ______ captain to lift the ICC’s Test championship mace.
(a) Second (b) Fifth
(c) Ninth (d) Twelfth
7. Pakistan has been ranked ______ among 188 countries in the Global Burden of Disease Study.
(a) 149th (b) 160th
(c) 175th (d) 182nd
8. On Sep 24, Azadi Train, which started its journey from Islamabad on Aug 11, reached its final destination in ______.
(a) Quetta (b) Kohat
(c) Gwadar (d) Karachi
9. On Sep 25, Faisalabad bowler ______ completed the rare feat of capturing all 10 wickets in an innings.
(a) Imran Ahmad (b) Asad Raza
(c) Shakil Anjum (d) Aslam Ali
10. The Anti-Terrorism Act, 1997 was promulgated on ______.
(a) 14th April (b) 01st May
(c) 14th August (d) 20th August
11. The first-ever seminar of Saarc member countries on anti-corruption was held in ______.
(a) New Delhi (b) Kathmandu
(c) Dhaka (d) Islamabad
12. The National Assembly approved the Hindu Marriage Bill 2016 on ______.
(a) Sep 20 (b) Sep 26
(c) Sep 28 (d) Sep 30
13. on Sep 27, four ______ Naval Ships — Lavan, Konarak, Falakhen and Khanjar — reached Karachi port to participate in Passage Exercise (PASSEX).
(a) Iranian (b) Turkish
(c) Tunisian (d) Egyptian
14. The Global Competitiveness Report (2016-17) of the World Economic Forum (WEF) ranks Pakistan at ______ place among 138 countries.
(a) 109th (b) 122nd
(c) 125th (d) 132nd
15. ______ is the country partner institute of the Global Competitiveness and Benchmarking Network of the WEF.
(a) Asia Watch (b) Mishal Pakistan
(c) Synergy (d) Finance Ministry
16. The Third Twenty20 International between Pakistan and West Indies was played at ______.
(a) Sharjah (b) Abu Dhabi
(c) Dubai (d) Karachi
17. On Sep 27, Pakistan beat ______ to win their first-ever Kabaddi gold in the 5th Asian Beach Games.
(a) India (b) Bangladesh
(c) Iran (d) China
18. On Sep 28, popular video-sharing website ______ was officially launched in Pakistan.
(a) Vimeo (b) Metacafe
(c) Dailymotion (d) YouTube
19. On Sep 03, the ______ started issuing notices to Pakistani residents named in the Panama Papers.
(a) Supreme Court (b) FBR
(c) NAB (d) FIA
20. YouTube was blocked in Pakistan in 2012 after it did not remove the trailer of Sam Bacile’s ______.
(a) Innocence of Muslims
(b) The Jewel of Medina
(c) Faith Fighter (d) Desert Warrior
21. The 720-megawatt Karot Hydropower Project, a priority project of CPEC, is to be built on river ______.
(a) Chenab (b) Indus
(c) Kabul (d) Jhelum
22. Pakistan conducted a Joint Military Exercise ‘Friendship-2016’ with ______.
(a) Nepal (b) Russia
(c) Sri Lanka (d) China
23. On Sep 30, the KP government appointed ______ as the Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) to the KP’s Right to Information Commission.
(a) Azmat Hanif Orkazai
(b) Jabbar Alam Khattak
(c) Uzma Bangash
(d) Rashid Yaqoob
24. Pakistan finished 21st in the 5th Asian Beach Games held in ______.
(a) Maldives (b) India
(c) Vietnam (d) Myanmar
25. On Oct 04, the 3rd session of the EU-Pakistan Strategic Dialogue was held in ______.
(a) Islamabad (b) Brussels
(c) Berlin (d) Paris
26. On Oct 05, ______ was re-selected to head the National Commission on the Status of Women (NCSW).
(a) Dr Akmal Hussain
(b) Syed Qasim Mehdi
(c) Khawar Mumtaz
(d) Ghulam Akhtar
27. The National Commission on the Status of Women (NCSW) was established in ______.
(a) 1996 (b) 1998
(c) 1999 (d) 2000
28. On Oct 05, Babar Azam became the ______ Pakistani batsman to score 3 consecutive centuries in an ODI match.
(a) Second (b) Third
(c) Fourth (d) Fifth
29. The Anti-Honour Killing Laws (Criminal Amendment Bill) 2015 and the Anti-Rape Laws (Criminal Amendment Bill) 2015 were passed by the parliament on ______.
(a) Oct 05 (b) Oct 06
(c) Oct 08 (d) Oct 10
30. On Oct 06, the UVAS awarded honorary PhD to Dr Jose Graziano Da Silva, the DG of ______.
(a) UNDP (b) FAO
(c) UNICEF (d) UNESCO
31. On Oct 07, Abid Saeed was appointed as the new chief secretary of ______ government.
(a) KP (b) Sindh
(c) Balochistan (d) Punjab
32. The National Disaster Awareness Day is observed on ______ every year.
(a) Oct 01 (b) Oct 05
(c) Oct 08 (d) Oct 10
33. The controversial report “Act against militants or face international isolation, civilians tell military” was filed by ______.
(a) Nasir Jamal (b) I.A. Rehman
(c) Hamid Mir (d) Cyril Almeida
34. As per the 2016 Global Hunger Index, Pakistan’s ______ population is undernourished.
(a) 18% (b) 20%
(c) 22% (d) 33%
35. Global Hunger Index is issued by the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) which is based in ______.
(a) Bern (b) Washington DC
(c) Geneva (d) New York
36. Shahlyla Ahmadzai Baloch, who passed away on Oct 12, was a ______.
(a) Cueist (b) Footballer
(c) Swimmer (d) Cricketer
37. Dubai test against West Indies was Pakistan’s ______ test match overall.
(a) 400th (b) 425th
(c) 450th (d) 500th
38. Pakistan Stock Exchange Limited is headquartered in ______.
(a) Karachi (b) Lahore
(c) Islamabad (d) Hyderabad
39. The book “Karachi, You’re Killing Me!” has been authored by ______.
(a) Kamila Khan (b) Nudrat Kamal
(c) Saba Imtiaz (d) Munir Khan
1. The International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer is observed annually on ______.
(a) Sep 16 (b) Sep 17
(c) Sep 18 (d) Sep 19
2. The theme of 2016 International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer was ______.
(a) Ozone: mission to protect world
(b) Preserve Ozone Layer
(c) Ozone and climate: restored by a world united
(d) Ozone Layer Protection: the mission goes on
3. On Sep 16, India lost its appeal at the WTO in a dispute over solar power which was launched by ______.
(a) Japan (b) Pakistan
(c) USA (d) China
4. Carlo Azeglio Ciampi, who died on Sep 16, was a former President of ______.
(a) Norway (b) Italy
(c) Belgium (d) France
5. Edward Albee, who passed away recently, was a ______.
(a) Journalist (b) Scientist
(c) Sportsman (d) Playwright
6. “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf” has been written by ______.
(a) Mike Nelson (b) Sean Casey
(c) Tim Rice (d) Edward Albee
7. Avian influenza is commonly called ______.
(a) Canine Flu (b) Zoonotic Flu
(c) Bird Flu (d) Swine Flu
8. The town of Uri, where 17 Indian soldiers were killed in an attack, is located in ______ district of IoK.
(a) Bandipora (b) Budgam
(c) Anantnag (d) Baramulla
9. On Sep 19, the 17th summit of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) concluded in______.
(a) Ghana (b) Venezuela
(c) India (d) Iran
10. At present, the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) has______ members.
(a) 100 (b) 102
(c) 114 (d) 120
11. ______ were the joint naval exercises conducted between China and Russia in the South China Sea.
(a) RIMPAC (b) Ruschi-2016
(c) SCS Joint Exercise-2016
(d) Joint Sea-2016
12. State Duma, the lower house of the Federal Assembly of Russia, consists of ______ seats.
(a) 300 (b) 400
(c) 450 (d) 500
13. On Sep 19, UN General Assembly’s first-ever Summit for Refugees and Migrants, held in ______.
(a) Geneva (b) New York
(c) London (d) Tokyo
14. On Sep 20, India test-fired a new long-range surface-to-air missile, Barak-8, jointly developed with_____.
(a) Israel (b) Russia
(c) France (d) USA
15. ______ topped the 2016 Rio Paralympics that concluded in Brazil recently.
(a) Britain (b) Ukraine
(c) United States (d) China
16. On Sep 20, ______ was appointed as the Head of International Society for Blood Transfusion (ISBT).
(a) Aakar Patel (b) Ravi Reddy
(c) Sylvia Rose (d) Mike Pence
17. On Sep 21, Delhi’s 7-Race Course Road, official residence of Indian______, was renamed as Lok Kalyan Marg.
(a) PM (b) President
(c) Chief Justice (d) RBI Governor
18. The International Day of Peace is observed annually on ______.
(a) Sep 18 (b) Sep 21
(c) Sep 24 (d) Sep 28
19. Indus Waters Treaty was signed on Sep 19, ______.
(a) 1948 (b) 1960
(c) 1962 (d) 1966
20. Arnold Palmer, who died on Sep 26, was related with ______.
(a) Cricket (b) Squash
(c) Hockey (d) Golf
21. World Deaf Day is celebrated every year on the last ______ of September.
(a) Tuesday (b) Sunday
(c) Wednesday (d) Friday
22. On Sep 27, Jim Yong Kim was reappointed as President of the World Bank Group for another —— term.
(a) 3-year (b) 4-year
(c) 5-year (d) 8-year
23. On Sep 28, former Israeli president Shimon Peres, who had won Nobel Peace Prize in ______, died.
(a) 1994 (b) 1996
(c) 1998 (d) 2000
24. The US Congress overrode presidential veto of Jasta on ______.
(a) Sep 26 (b) Sep 27
(c) Sep 28 (d) Sep 30
25. On Sep 28, the UN banned global trade in highly endangered ______.
(a) Pangolins (b) Saola
(c) Amur Tiger (d) Black Rhino
26. On Oct 01, the ______-based OPEC agreed to drastically cut oil production.
(a) Jeddah (b) Kuwait City
(c) Dubai (d) Vienna
27. The Ryder Cup is a biennial golf competition played between ______ and the United States.
(a) Australia (b) Canada
(c) Europe (d) France
28. The World Space Week is celebrated annually on ______.
(a) Sep 16-22 (b) Sep 22-28
(c) Oct 01-07 (d) Oct 04-10
29. On Oct 05, the two-day, EU-led donor conference on Afghanistan concluded in ______.
(a) Cairo (b) Brussels
(c) Bonn (d) Chicago
30. On Oct 04, Cutting-Edge IT & Electronics Comprehensive Exhibition, Asia’s largest tech fair, kicked off in ______.
(a) South Korea (b) India
(c) China (d) Japan
31. The threshold for entry into force of the Paris Agreement was achieved on ______.
(a) Sep 28 (b) Oct 01
(c) Oct 05 (d) Oct 10
32. The hurricane that recently caused colossal damages of life and property in Haiti was named ______.
(a) Chantal (b) Mathew
(c) Sandy (d) Irene
33. On Oct 10, the Council of Europe awarded its Vaclav Havel Human Rights Prize to ______.
(a) Thomas Lyte (b) Ilham Tohti
(c) Nadia Murad (d) Asthma Jahangir
34. On Oct 11, Abdelilah Bekirane was re-appointed as the Prime Minister of ______.
(a) Morocco (b) Jordan
(c) Kuwait (d) Tunisia
35. On Oct 13, King Bhumibol Adulyadej of ______, the world’s longest reigning monarch, died
(a) Gabon (b) Philippines
(c) Thailand (d) Morocco
36. On Oct 13, ______ announced to leave the Commonwealth of Nations.
(a) The Maldives (b) Bangladesh
(c) Philippines (d) Canada
37. On Oct 15, a historic global climate deal was reached in ______ at the Twenty-Eighth Meeting of the Parties to the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer (MOP28).
(a) Ottawa (b) Kigali
(c) Toronto (d) Nairobi
38. ______ topped the World Economic Freedom (WEF) Index 2016.
(a) Hong Kong (b) Singapore
(c) New Zealand (d) Switzerland
39. International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons was observed on
(a) Sep 24 (b) Sep 25
(c) Sep 26 (d) Sep27
40. The world’s biggest radio telescope in search for extraterrestrial life has been launched by ______.
(a) India (b) China
(c) Japan (d) UK
41. Dalal Street in Mumbai refers to the ______ Stock Exchange, the major stock exchange in India.
(a) Varanasi (b) Bombay
(c) New Delhi (d) Kolkata
41. The current President of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is ______.
(a) Jin Liqun (b) Jiwei Lou
(c) Chris Jensen (d) Scott Morrison
42. The headquarters of International Seabed Authority (ISA) is in ______.
(a) Berlin (b) Geneva
(c) Kingston (d) New York
43. Antonio Guterres of ______ has been elected as the new Secretary General of the United Nations
(a) Latvia (b) Spain
(c) Portugal (d) Brazil
44. The headquarters of the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) is in ______.
(a) Geneva (b) Paris
(c) Berlin (d) New York