1. On July 16, the Pakistan Army launched Operation Khyber-IV in Khyber Agency’s ______ Valley
(a) Kunar (b) Rajgal
(c) Shawal (d) Shalman
2. On July 16, Usman Badini of ______ won the NA-260 by-election.
(a) PML-N (b) JUI-F
(c) PkMAP (d) BNP
3. The incumbent Chief Justice of Lahore High Court is ______.
(a) Justice Shahid Hameed Dar
(b) Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah
(c) Justice Muhammad Yawar Ali
(d) Justice Muhammad Anwaarul Haq
4. Abdul Ghani Khilji is the Ombudsman of ______.
(a) Khyber PK (b) Balochistan
(c) Sindh (d) Punjab
5. On July 19, President Mamnoon Hussain appointed ______ the Federal Ombudsman.
(a) Salman Faruqi (b) Mian Asad
(c) Rao Tehsin Ali (d) S. Tahir Shahbaz
6. During 2016-17, Pakistan obtained a record high ______ in foreign loans.
(a) $9.1 billion (b) $10.1 billion
(c) $11.1 billion (d) $21.1 billion
7. On July 21, Marvi Memon was awarded the “Grade D’ Officer” in the National Order of Merit by ______.
(a) Australia (b) France
(c) Germany (d) Italy
8. Eminent poet and writer Hasan Akbar Kamal died on ______.
(a) July 16 (b) July 18
(c) July 20 (d) July 21
9. The current Ambassador of the European Union to Pakistan is ______.
(a) Jean-Francois Cautain
(b) Jean Michel Dumond
(c) Gerhard Sabathil
(d) Tomasz Kozlowski
10. On July 23, Pakistan’s Inayatullah won silver medal in the 69KG weight category in the Asian Cadet Wrestling Championship held in ______.
(a) Tehran (b) Bangkok
(c) New Delhi (d) Beijing
11. Pakistan won a medal in the Asian Cadet Wrestling Championship after a period of ______ years.
(a) 24 (b) 28
(c) 30 (d) 32
12. On July 25, the US city of Bolingbrook and Pakistani city of ______ were made the twin cities.
(a) Gwadar (b) Multan
(c) Sialkot (d) Peshawar
13. On July 25, ______ was appointed the Secretary Establishment Division.
(a) Hashim Khan (b) Rizwan Ahmed
(c) Syed Tahir Shahbaz
(d) Mian Asad Hayaud Din
14. On July 25, Indian Ocean Naval Symposium Working Group meeting started in ______.
(a) Muscat (b) Abidjan
(c) Islamabad (d) Abu Dhabi
15. On July 25, _____ was appointed the new IG of Punjab police.
(a) Tariq Masood (b) Amin Wains
(c) Usman Khattak (d) Arif Nawaz Khan
16. On July 25, a young Pakistani engineer, ______, received “Engineer of the Year” award for his outstanding work in the energy sector.
(a) Salman Khilji (b) Yawar Ali
(c) Hamza Haroon (d) Hassan Abbas
17. Chhogori is another name of _____.
(a) K2 (b) Nanga Parbat
(c) Tirich Mir (d) Gasherbrum-I
18. As per the latest ______ report Pakistan’s debt to GDP ratio had gone up to 69.1% of GDP in FY2016-17.
(a) SBP (b) World Bank
(c) ADB (d) IMF
19. Prime Minister of Pakistan, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, is MNA from ______.
(a) NA-48 (b) NA-50
(c) NA-51 (d) NA-53
20. On Aug 02, ______ was appointed the Supreme Court’s ‘monitoring judge’ for the proceedings of NAB and accountability courts in cases involving Nawaz Sharif, his family and finance minister Ishaq Dar.
(a) Justice Gulzar Ahmad
(b) Justice Ijazul Ahsan
(c) Justice Ejaz Afzal
(d) Justice Manzoor Malik
21. On Aug 02, Uzma Yousaf became the first Pakistani woman to summit the 7,027-metre Spanitik Peak located in the ______ Range.
(a) Hindu Kush (b) Karakoram
(c) Toba Kakar (d) Koh-i-Sufed
22. Pakistan’ federal cabinet was sworn in on ______.
(a) Aug 02 (b) Aug 03
(c) Aug 04 (d) Aug 06
23. Jamaatud Dawa founded Milli Muslim League party on _____.
(a) Aug 05 (b) Aug 06
(c) Aug 07 (d) Aug 08
24. On Aug 09, Najam Sethi was elected the _____ chairman of PCB.
(a) 25th (b) 28th
(c) 30th (d) 42nd
25. Dr Ruth Pfau, a symbol of selflessness and devotion to leprosy patients, passed away on ______.
(a) Aug 08 (b) Aug 10
(c) Aug 13 (d) Aug 18
26. Nawaz Sharif, moved a review petition before the Supreme Court against his disqualification on ______.
(a) Aug 08 (b) Aug 10
(c) Aug 12 (d) Aug 15
27. On Aug 15, ______ was appointed the Auditor General of Pakistan (AGP).
(a) Irshad Ali (b) Inam-ul-Haque
(c) Javaid Jehangir (d) Bashir Khalid
28. Pakistan’s biggest-ever victory in hockey 17-0 (1978) was against _____.
(a) China (b) Malaysia
(c) Japan (d) Bangladesh
29. Pakistan’s Jahangir khan won his first World Championship in ______.
(a) 1978 (b) 1981
(c) 1983 (d) 1985
30. The name of the ancestral village of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, in Kathiawar, was ______.
(a) Amreli (b) Paneli
(c) Morbi (b) Botad
31. Quaid-i-Azam’s residence in ______ was located on Mount Pleasant Road in Malabar Hills.
(a) Karachi (b) Bombay
(c) Lucknow (d) Delhi
32. ______ was a political mentor to both, Muhammad Ali Jinnah and Mahatma Gandhi.
(a) John Molesworth
(b) Dadabhai Naoroji
(c) Gopal Krishna Gokhale
(d) Pherozeshah Mehta
33. Wali of Swat executed Instrument of Accession on ______, 1947.
(a) Aug 15 (b) Nov 24
(c) Dec 11 (d) Dec 31
34. Gilgit, ______ and Baltistan acceded to Pakistan on Nov 1, 1947.
(a) Skardu (b) Quetta
(c) Hunza (d) Chitral
35. Sir Robert Francis Mudie, the person whom Nehru often called the “English Mullah” was the first governor of Pakistan’s _____ province.
(a) Punjab (b) Sindh
(c) NWFP (d) West Bengal
1. Classic English novels Pride and Prejudice, Emma, and Sense and Sensibility were written by ______.
(a) George Eliot (b) Virginia Woolf
(c) Jane Austen (d) Toni Morrison
2. On July 16, Roger Federer became the ______ man to win 8 titles of the grass-court Grand Slam tournament, Wimbledon.
(a) First (b) Second
(c) Third (d) Fourth
3. On July 16, the creator of the zombie film genre ______ died.
(a) Fathia Absie (b) George Romero
(c) John Asher (d) Stephen Baldwin
4. On July 18, the US slapped fresh economic sanctions on ______.
(a) Iran (b) North Korea
(c) Venezuela (d) Cuba
5. The Committee to Protect Journalists is headquartered in ______.
(a) London (b) New York City
(c) Bonn (d) Rome
6. On July 19, General Francois Lecointre was appointed the new chief of the ______ armed forces
(a) Russian (b) American
(c) French (d) Dutch
7. On July 20, BJP’s Ram Nath Kovind won the election to become the ______ President of India.
(a) 14th (b) 15th
(c) 16th (d) 18th
8. On June 20, the US and European police announced the shutdown of two huge “dark web” marketplaces – AlphaBay and ______.
(a) McCabe (b) Silk Road
(c) Hansa (d) Dream Market
9. ______ is the largest and wealthiest city in China.
(a) Guangzhou (b) Shanghai
(c) Shenzhen (d) Beijing
10. On July 23, ______ best India to win the ICC Women’s World Cup 2017.
(a) Australia (b) West Indies
(c) England (d) South Africa
11. The European Court of Justice, the highest court in the European Union, was established in 1952 and it is based in ______.
(a) Berlin (b) Luxembourg
(c) The Hague (d) Oslo
12. On July 27, ______ successfully launched satellite-carrying rocket “Simorgh” into space.
(a) UAE (b) Saudi Arabia
(c) Iran (d) Qatar
13 On July 27, Sam Shepard, the Pulitzer-winning playwright from ______ passed away.
(a) USA (b) France
(c) Germany (d) Italy
14. World Hepatitis Day (WHD) is observed on ______.
(a) July 26 (b) July 28
(c) July 29 (d) July 31
15. On July 28, the US imposed new ballistic missile sanctions on ______.
(a) Russia (b) Iran
(c) Cuba (d) North Korea
16. The US Senate rejected a new Republican plan to repeal parts of the Affordable Care Act on ______.
(a) July 20 (b) July 24
(c) July 26 (d) July 30
17. The 2017 International Tiger Day was observed on ______.
(a) July 27 (b) July 28
(c) July 29 (d) July 30
18. On July 30, ______ was declared the 39th province of the worldwide Anglican Communion.
(a) Sudan (b) Somalia
(c) Mozambique (d) Ivory Coast
19. On July 30, ______ won the 2017 Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix.
(a) Valtteri Bottas (b) Lewis Hamilton
(c) Sebastian Vettel (d) Kimi Raikkonen
20. World Day against Trafficking in Persons is observed on ______.
(a) July 26 (b) July 28
(c) July 30 (d) July 31
21. On Aug 01, an extraordinary meeting of foreign ministers from the OIC countries was held in ______.
(a) Amman (b) Kuwait City
(c) Istanbul (d) Ankara
22. On Aug 02, ______ Supreme Court scrapped parliament’s power to sack top judges
(a) Nepal’s (b) Bangladesh’s
(c) Pakistan’s (d) India’s
23. Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani started his second term on ______.
(a) Aug 01 (b) Aug 03
(c) Aug 05 (d) Aug 08
24. On Aug 03, ______ motorcycling legend Angel Nieto died aged 70.
(a) German (b) Austrian
(c) Spanish (d) Italian
25. The recent heat wave in Eastern Europe was nicknamed ______.
(a) Oodnadatta (b) Dust Bowl
(c) Lucifer (d) Satan
26. On Aug 05, Paul Kagame won a third term as President of ______.
(a) Djibouti (b) Rwanda
(c) Somalia (d) Kenya
27. On Aug 05, ______ was elected the next Vice-President of India.
(a) Bhairon Singh (b) Hamid Ansari
(c) Venkaiah Naidu
(d) Gopalkrishna Gandhi
28. On Aug 06, the UN Security Council adopted a resolution, which imposed new sanctions on ______.
(a) Venezuela (b) North Korea
(c) Russia (d) Afghanistan
29. On Aug 06, India beat ______ in their first victory by an innings or more in that country.
(a) Sri Lanka (b) Australia
(c) West Indies (d) England
30. On Aug 07, Iran signed its biggest-ever car deal with ______ manufacturer Groupe Renault.
(a) French (b) German
(c) Japanese (d) American
31. On Aug 09, China and ______ broke ground on a $13 billion rail project.
(a) Pakistan (b) Thailand
(c) Malaysia (d) The Philippines
32. On Aug 09, ______ introduced a visa-free entry programme for 80 nationalities.
(a) Scotland (b) Serbia
(c) Qatar (d) Finland
33. On Aug 12, ______ President Uhuru Kenyatta was declared the winner of the country’s presidential election.
(a) Somalia’s (b) Kenya’s
(c) Haiti’s (d) Ghana’s
34. Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation, or BIMSTEC consists of ______ countries.
(a) 5 (b) 7
(c) 11 (d) 12
35. The BIMSTEC Secretariat is in ____.
(a) New Delhi (b) Bangkok
(c) Dhaka (d) Colombo
36. The World Day for International Justice is observed on ______.
(a) July 18 (b) July 16
(c) July 15 (d) July 17
37. The Nelson Mandela International Day is observed on ______.
(a) July 19 (b) July 18
(c) July 20 (d) July 17
38. ______ has become the first female President of the Supreme Court (SC) in the United Kingdom (UK).
(a) Mary Wortley Montagu
(b) Brenda Marjorie Hale
(c) Nell Gwyn (d) Jane Austen
39. The 2024 Summer Olympics will be hosted by ______.
(a) Los Angeles (b) London
(c) Paris (d) New York
40. The world’s longest pedestrian suspension bridge opened in ______.
(a) Japan (b) Indonesia
(c) United States (d) Switzerland
41. International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples falls on ______.
(a) August 7 (b) August 8
(c) August 9 (d) August 10
42. ____ is International Biodiesel Day.
(a) August 11 (b) August 12
(c) August 10 (d) August 9
43. ______ has won the most medals in Winter Olympics i.e. 329.
(a) United States (b) France
(c) Norway (d) Germany
44. Ruth Pfau, the Mother Teresa of Pakistan, hailed from ______.
(a) Italy (b) United States
(c) Germany (d) France
45. Yisrael Kristal, the world’s oldest man before he died on Aug 11, hailed from ______.
(a) Germany (b) Japan
(c) France (d) Israel
46. ______ is the World Elephant Day.
(a) August 12 (b) August 13
(c) August 14 (d) August 15
47. The world’s deepest freshwater lake is Lake ______.
(a) Superior (b) Baikal
(c) Great Bear (d) Malawi