First attempt part- l which is compulsory.
Part – l
Q. No.1. Select the best option/answer
1. ‘isn’t a worm at all – it’s the name for a type of fungal skin infection.
a. Roundworm b. Ringworm
c. Tapeworm d. Flatworm
2. ________ is a disease that results in dramatic mortality worldwide
a. Epidemic b. Endemic
c. Pandemic d. Globedemic
3. Ammeter is used to measure electric current through the circuit and is always connected in ______ to a circuit.
a. Series b. Parallel
c. Perpendicular d. Adjacent
4. An _____ is a device for measuring wind speed
a. Wind Vane b. Anemometer
c. Speedometer d. Tachometer
5. Focal length of Human eye is_____.
a. 17mm b. 30mm
c. 45mm d. 73mm
6. Human eye has ________.
a. Convex Lens
b. Concave Lens
c. Plano Convex Lens
d. Plano Concave Lens
7. Which of the following is not an inorganic compound?
b. Calcium Carbonate
8. Which of the following is not an alkali
a. CH3COOH b. NaOH
c. CaCO3 d. KOH
9. Which of the following has highest electrical conductivity?
a. Aluminum b. Copper
c. Gold d. Silver
10. Which of the following has shortest wavelength
a. Gamma Rays b. X Rays
c. Microwaves d. Radio Waves
11. _______Is the branch of science concerned with formation of annual rings?
a. Dendrochronology b. Palecology
c. Dendrology d. Taxonomy
12. Mitral valve is present between________.
a. Left & Right Atrium
b. Left & Right Ventricle
c. Right Atrioventricle
d. Left Atrioventricle
13. Banaspati ghee is formed by the addition of_______in oil
a. Hydrogen b. Fats
c. Potatoes d. Nickel
14. Bluetooth uses________For communication.
a. IR Rays
b. Radio Waves
c. Ultrasonic waves
d. Infrasonic waves
15. An element is determined by the number of:
a. Electron b. Protons
d. Proton & Neutrons
16. Which of the following is a social insect?
a. Cockroach b. Fly
c. Spider d. Honey Bee
17. Milk is white due to the presence of protein______.
a. Casein b. Whey
c. Keratin d. Lactose
18. Why do fish dies out of water?
a. Overdose Of Oxygen
b. Overdose Of CO2
c. Change In Temperature
d. Low Moisture
19. Bacteria belong to kingdom_______.
a. Monera b. Protista
c. Animalia d. Plantae
20. Which of the following planet has no moon?
a. Neptune b. Venus
c. Mars d. Uranus
21. Which of the planet has lowest density?
a. Mercury b. Venus
c. Saturn d. Mars
22.Age of this universe isâ€¦ Years
a. 4.5 bn b. 5.5bn
c. 10.5bn d. 13.5bn
23. Clouds are present in________ atmospheric layer
a. Troposphere b. Mesosphere
c. Stratosphere d. Thermosphere
24. Man belongs to order _______.
a. Chordate b. Primate
c. Homonidae d. Homo
25. Which of the following is not a plant but have eukaryotic body and is heterotrophic?
a. Bacteria b. Algae
c. Bryophytes d. Fungi
26. _______ turns litmus paper red
a. Alkali b. Salts
c. Buffers d. Acids
27. A membranous layer outside the lungs is called
a. Pericardium b. Pleurae
c. Menings d. Diaphragm
28. _______ is the largest body organ
a. Femur b. Stomach
c. Liver d. Skin
29. Earth is_______ largest planet in solar system.
a. 4th b. 5th c. 6th d. 7th
30. Nearest star to our sun is________.
b. Pistol Star
c. Proxima Centauri
31. Magnesium is an important constituent of _________.
a. Haemoglobin b. Neuron
c. Chlorophyll d. Bones
32. DNA produces a molecule like itself through______.
a. Translation b. Transcription
c. Replication d. Transformation
33. In DNA, adenine will always pair with
a. Guanine b. Cytosine
c. Thiamine d. Uracil
34. Human body contains______ bones
a. 206 b. 216 c. 226 d. 266
35. Anthrax is a ______ disease.
a. Viral b. Fungal
c. Bacterial d. Deficiency
36. Chitin is a ________ Found in cell wall of fungi
a. Lipid b. Protein
d. Inorganic Compound
37. Plants convert light energy into________.
a. Mechanical b. Potential
c. Chemical d. Nuclear
38. 1 metric ton is equal to________.
a. 100kg b. 1000kg
c. 10,000kg d. 1,000,000kg
39. Calorie is the unit of ________.
a. Work b. Mass
c. Power d. Energy
40.First man to travel in space was______.
a. Neil Armstrong
b. Yuri Gagarin
c. Edwin Aldrin
d. Valencia Tereshkova
41. ______ Was the inventor of steam engine
a. Einstien b. Thomas Edison
c. Michael Faraday
d. James Watt
42. _______discovered blood circulation
a. Leeuwenhoek b. Edward Jenner
c. William Harvey d. Gregor Mendel
43. Meteorology is the study of______.
a. Weather b. Measurement
c. Meteors d. Asteroids
44. An object moving in a circle is moving with…
a. Uniform Velocity
b. Uniform Speed
c. Variable Velocity
d. Variable Speed
45. A transformer is used to_____.
a. Increase AC Voltage
b. Increase DC Voltage
c. Increase Or Decrease AC Voltage d. Increase Or Decrease DC Voltage
46.Escape velocity of the Earth is ________.
a. 9.2km/s b. 10.2km/s
c. 11.2km/s d. 12.2km/s
47. Tibia is the bone found in_____.
a. Skull b. Arm c. Face d. Leg
48. Anthropogenic emissions are caused by
a. People b. Animals
c. Climate d. Volcanoes
49. Which natural material seems to be first used by hominines to make tools
a. Stones b. Wood
c. Feather d. Hair
50. A narrow strip of land connecting tow large land areas and separating two water bodies is called
a. Isthmus b. Strait
c. Atoll d. Archipelago
1. B 2. C 3. A 4. B 5. A
6. A 7. C 8. A 9. D 10. A
11. A 12. D 13. A 14. B 15. B
16. D 17. A 18. A 19. A 20. B
21. C 22. D 23. A 24. B 25. D
26. D 27. B 28. D 29. A 30. C
31. C 32. C 33. C 34. A 35. C
36. C 37. C 38. B 39. D 40. B
41. D 42. C 43. A 44. C 45. C
46. C 47. D 48. A 49. D 50. A
Part â€“ ll
Note : Attempt Only Five Questions From Part ‘ll. All Questions Carry Equal Marks
Q. No. 2 Write a short on the following giving their exact life span and contributions to the field of science. (5×2)
(a) samar Mubarak mand
(b) ibn ‘ Haitham
Q. No. 3 Write briefly about Any Five the following. (Answer in three or four sentences)
1. Fiber Optics 2. Solstice
3. Quasar 4. Quarks
5. Gravity 6. Density
Q. No. 4 (a) What is the name of moon of earth? Write down its features. (5)
(b) What do you know about solar and lunar eclipse? (5)
Q. No. 5 Differentiate Any Five Of The Following Pairs.
1. Acids and bases
2. Mass and weight
3. Xylem and phloem
4. Mixture and compound
5. Convex lens and concave lens
6. Blood and lymph
7. Hormone and enzyme
Q. No. 6 (a) what is the function of the following in the human body (Answer in one sentence) (1 x 5)
1. Nephron 2. Neuron
3. Skin 4. Alveoli
5. Ribs(b) Write a brief note how Human Heart works (5)
Q. No. 7 (a) what are ceramics? What are its applications in everyday life? (2 + 4)
(B) What do the following scientific abbreviations stand for? (1/2 each)
I. RMS II. GLC
III. HPLC IV. EMG
V. POL VI. NASA
VII. MAF VIII. AMUQ. No. 8 writes a short note on the following (5 x 2)
1. Antibiotic 2. Vaccine
3. Microscope 4. Laser
5. Cell phoneQ. No. 9 (a) what are p type and n type semiconductors. Clearly explain them. (5)
(B) What is work power and energy clearly differentiate among these. (5)