While delivering the Hajj sermon in Masjid-e-Nimra at Maidan-e-Arafat, where this year around two million pilgrims gathered to perform Hajj, Saudi Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdul Aziz urged Muslims to make all efforts to spread the real message of Islam. Following are some key takeaways from his Hajj 2015 sermon:
- Islam is a gift of God for us. This religion is a religion of definite teachings and peace. The Prophet (PBUH) has directed us to be God-fearing and thankful to Him Who bestowed us with faith. Therefore, the Muslims must staunchly follow those teachings.
- There is no salvation or happiness for the Muslim nation without adhering to the teachings of the religion.
- Enemy is busy in hatching different conspiracies against the Muslims but the Muslims should not follow agenda of misguided elements.
- Your nation is a trust with you. You must safeguard its security, stability and resources.
- You should know that you are targeted by your enemy… who wants to spread chaos among you … It’s time to confront this.
- Today when the Ummah is being cheated, oppressed and facing a testing time, the believers must wage jihad (holy war) against tyranny and injustice and against those who are tarnishing the image of Islam in the pretext of religion
- Islam does not allow terrorism at any cost. Islam condemns all violence and terrorism plaguing the world today. Muslims should demonstrate a love for peace and unity.
- Concerted efforts are needed on individual and collective levels to highlight Islam as religion of peace, love and brotherhood.
- The Houthis of Yemen are misguided people… Those who are deflected from the path of religion are defaming Islam.
- Daesh is pursuing the path meant for destruction of Muslim Ummah.
- Daesh has not even spared mosques and they committed terrorism therein too. But, Islam the other hand Muslim Ummah steers the humanity out of ignorance and puts it on the path of guidance.
- The misguided forces are pushing the Ummah towards a downfall.
- Muslim youths! Do not play in the hands of those disseminating fitna, but utilise your mental, physical and spiritual capabilities in the way of Allah and for the sake of His religion.
- The Muslims facing troubles and hardships must observe patience.
- We should make our lives beacon of light for people living around the world.
The grand mufti also urged the rulers of Islamic world to take care of the needs of their people and concentrate on efforts to promote unity in the ranks of Ummah.
Sheikh Aziz also called upon media to discharge its professional responsibilities in an honest manner, putting across what is right and inculcating the sense of unity among Ummah.