1. US National Security Adviser, Lt. Gen. H. R. McMaster called on Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on ______.
(a) Apr 16 (b) Apr 17
(c) Apr 20 (d) Apr 22
2. The Compulsory Teaching of the Holy Quran Bill 2017 was passed by the National Assembly on ______.
(a) Apr 18 (b) Apr 19
(c) Apr 22 (d) Apr 24
3. Natural gas-fired power plant at Bhikki has electricity-generation capacity of ______.
(a) 650MW (b) 717MW
(c) 810MW (d) 1000MW
4. The current Director General of Punjab Judicial Academy is ______.
(a) Sohail Nasir (b) Mahrukh Aziz
(c) Uzmaa Akhtar Chughtai
(d) Mansoor A. Shah
5. The Supreme Court issued verdict in Panama Papers Case on ______.
(a) Apr 15 (b) Apr 17
(c) Apr 18 (d) Apr 20
6. The Supreme Court bench that heard the Panama Papers Case was headed by ______.
(a) Justice Gulzar Ahmed
(b) Justice Asif Saeed Khan Khosa
(c) Justice Sheikh Azmat Saeed
(d) Justice Ejaz Afzal Khan
7. On Apr 22, a Pakistani student ______ became the first-ever non-European to become the President of the Students’ Union of King College London.
(a) Riz Ahmed (b) Momin Saqib
(c) Mehoob Ali (d) Iftikhar Khan
8. On Apr 24, ______ was appointed to the World Bank Group’s Advisory Council on Gender and Development for two years.
(a) Hina Rabbani (b) Maryam Nawaz
(c) Sherry Rehman (d) Marvi Memon
9. On Apr 24, the ______ appointed Ms Xiaohong Yang as the first woman country director for Pakistan.
(a) ADB (b) AIIB
(c) UNESCO (d) IMF
10. Celebrated writer M.A. Rahat passed away on ______.
(a) Apr 22 (b) Apr 24
(c) Apr 24 (d) Apr 28
11. Human Organ Transplant Authority (HOTA) fuinstions under the Ministry of ______.
(a) Human Rights
(b) National Health Services
(c) Interior and Narcotics Control
(d) Science and Technology
12. Harabav Dam is located in ______ area of Balochistan.
(a) Awaran (b) Gwadar
(c) Khuzdar (d) Turbat
13. On Apr 26, the Punjab government launched free Internet service, Wi-Fi Hotspot in Lahore, Rawalpindi, Faisalabad, ______ and Bahawalpur.
(a) Multan (b) Gujranwala
(c) Kasur (d) Sialkot
14. The proposed Pakistan Infrastructure Bank will be set up with a paid-up capital of ______.
(a) $500 million (b) $875 million
(c) $1 billion (d) $5 billion
15. In the Pakistan Infrastructure Bank, Government of Pakistan and the IMF would have ______ shares each.
(a) 5% (b) 10%
(c) 15% (d) 20%
16. The current Chief Justice of the Federal Shariat Court is ______.
(a) Justice Riaz Ahmad Khan
(b) Justice Agha Rafiq Ahmed Khan
(c) Justice Sh. Najamul Hassan
(d) Justice Haziqul Khairi
17. The first Chief Justice of the Federal Shariat Court was ______.
(a) Justice Shaikh Aftab Hussain
(b) Justice Salahuddin Ahmed
(c) Justice Sardar Fakhre Alam
(d) Justice Tanzil-ur-Rehman
18. On Apr 28, Federal Minister for Inter-Provincial Coordination ______ resigned.
(a) Akram Durrani (b) Tariq Chaudhry
(c) Kamran Michael (d) Riaz Pirzada
19. On Apr 29, ______ lifted the Pakistan Cup 2017 National One-day Cricket Championship.
(a) Punjab (b) Federal Areas
(c) WAPDA (d) Balochistan
20. On May 01, ____ was appointed the Governor State Bank of Pakistan.
(a) Mehtab Khan (b) Riaz Riazuddin
(c) Ashraf Wathra (d) Saeed Ahmad
21. State Bank of Pakistan is headquartered in ______.
(a) Rawalpindi (b) Karachi
(c) Islamabad (d) Lahore
22. On May 02, Pakistan and ______ agreed to restore hotline contact between the two countries
(a) Afghanistan (b) India
(c) Iran (d) China
23. The persons removed by the Prime Minister after Dawn Leaks report are Tariq Fatemi and ______.
(a) Pervaiz Rashid (b) Akhtar Nawaz
(c) Rao Tehsin Ali (d) None of these
24. The current chairman of PEMRA is ______.
(a) Ansar Abbasi (b) Pervez Rathore
(c) Absar Alam (d) Nargis Sethi
25. The Joint Investigation Team (JIT) formed by the Supreme Court in Panama Papers case is headed by ____.
(a) Nauman Saeed (b) Wajid Zia
(c) Bilal Rasool (d) Amer Aziz
26. On May 05, Aurangzeb Haque was appointed the Chief Secretary ______.
(a) Punjab (b) Sindh
(c) KP (d) Balochistan
27. On May 06, Ustad Raees Khan, one of the most outstanding players of ______, passed away.
(a) Flute (b) Tabla
(c) Sitar (d) Shehnai
28. On May 12, ______ Assembly amended the West Pakistan Vaccination Ordinance, 1958, a decades-old law to make vaccination against all preventable diseases compulsory.
(a) Punjab (b) Sindh
(c) Balochistan (d) KP
29. The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) issued a banking licence to the Bank of China on ______.
(a) May 12 (b) May 13
(c) May 14 (d) May 15
30. Man of the series for Pakistan-West Indies test series was —–.
(a) Younis Khan (b) Misbah-ul-Haq
(c) M. Abbas (d) Yasir Shah
31. The ground on which Misbah-ul-Haq and Younis Khan played their last test match was ______.
(a) Sturge Park (b) Sabina Park
(c) Windsor Park (d) Grove Park
32. The First Pakistani to win a British Open title in squash was ______.
(a) Jahangir Khan (b) Hashim Khan
(c) Qamar Zaman (d) Roshan Khan
33. Kulbhushan Jadhav was arrested in March 2016, from the ______ area of Balochistan.
(a) Chagai (b) Mashkel
(c) Turbat (d) Panjgor
34. The latest World Press Freedom Index, issued by Reporters Without Borders, has ranked Pakistan ______.
(a) 116 (b) 124
(c) 131 (d) 139
35. Pakistan Museum of Natural History is located in ______.
(a) Islamabad (b) Karachi
(c) Lahore (d) Multan
36. Pakistan’s highest wicket-taking spin bowler in Test cricket is ______.
(a) Abdul Qadir (b) Mushtaq Ahmad
(c) Danish Kaneria (d) Saqlain Mushtaq
37. The record for having the longest winning streak in T20 cricket across the world is held by ______.
(a) Sialkot Stallions (b) Mumbai Indians
(c) St Lucia Zouks (d) Delhi Daredevils
1. A constitutional referendum was held throughout Turkey on ______.
(a) Apr 14 (b) Apr 15
(c) Apr 16 (d) Apr 20
2. “Sagarmatha Friendship 2017” is a military exercise jointly conducted by China and _____.
(a) India (b) Nepal
(c) Bhutan (d) Myanmar
3. On Apr 17, hundreds of Palestinians in Israeli jails launched a hunger strike following a call from ______.
(a) Khaled Mashaal
(b) Marwan Barghouti
(c) Ismail Haniyeh
(d) Mahmoud al‑Zahar
4. On Apr 18, the British Prime Minister Theresa May called for an early election to be held on ______.
(a) June 08 (b) June 18
(c) June 30 (d) July 04
5. The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (Unctad) is headquartered in ——.
(a) London (b) Geneva
(c) New York (d) Paris
6. The Palace of Nations in ______ was built to serve as the headquarters of the League of Nations.
(a) London (b) Moscow
(c) Geneva (d) Rome
7. World Heritage Day falls on ______.
(a) Apr 18 (b) Apr 19
(c) Apr 24 (d) Apr 26
8. On Apr 19, ______ became the first player to reach 10,000 runs in Twenty20 cricket.
(a) AB de Villiers (b) Steve Smith
(c) Chris Gayle (d) Yuvraj Singh
9. The first Asian Games were held in 1951 in ______.
(a) Tokyo (b) New Delhi
(c) Seoul (d) Beijing
10. On Apr 21, Cuba and ______ signed an agreement to re-establish diplomatic ties after 37 years.
(a) USA (b) Vietnam
(c) Morocco (d) China
11. Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on ______.
(a) Apr 18 (b) Apr 22
(c) Apr 24 (d) Apr 28
12. As per SIPRI’s latest report, India is the ______ biggest military spender in the world.
(a) Second (b) Fourth
(c) Fifth (d) Seventh
13. The world record of spending most days in space (879 days) is held by Gennady Padalka of ______.
(a) Kazakhstan (b) Russia
(c) USA (d) Germany
14. On Apr 25, Israel appointed ______ as its first woman judge in its sharia court system.
(a) Harrem Raqqa (b) Hana Khatib
(c) Majeda Sharkh (d) Rasha Atamny
15. The 6th Moscow Conference on International Security was held on ___.
(a) Apr 23 (b) Apr 24
(c) Apr 25 (d) Apr 26
16. Acclaimed Indian actor and an MP, Vinod Khanna, who passed away on Mar 27, was born in ______.
(a) Peshawar (b) Haryana
(c) Chandigarh (d) Mumbai
17. On Apr 29, the one-day ASEAN Leaders’ meeting was held in ______.
(a) Tokyo (b) Manila
(c) Kuala Lumpur (d) Jakarta
18. On May 05, ______ launched a new communications satellite for S. Asia.
(a) China (b) Japan
(c) Indonesia (d) India
19. The Order of Jose Marti is the highest distinction awarded by ____ to distinguished foreign personalities.
(a) Cuba (b) Venezuela
(c) Argentina (d) Brazil
20. On May 06, ______ was elected the overall head of Hamas.
(a) Efraim Halevy (b) Khaled Mashaal
(c) Ismail Haniyeh (d) Mahmoud Zahad
21. On May 07, Emmanuel Macron was elected the president of ______.
(a) Belgium (b) Ecuador
(c) France (d) Slovakia
22. On May 08, ____ was unanimously elected the president of the UN-Habitat — United Nations Human Settlements Programme.
(a) Afghanistan (b) India
(c) UAE (d) Zimbabwe
23. UN-Habitat has its headquarters in the UN Office at ______.
(a) London (b) Nairobi
(c) Rome (d) Geneva
24. On May 08, climate negotiators from across the globe initiated talks in ______.
(a) Paris (b) Berlin
(c) Bonn (d) Geneva
25. World Thalassaemia Day is observed annually on ______.
(a) May 06 (b) May 07
(c) May 08 (d) May 11
26. On May 10, ______ Jhulan Goswami set a new record for most wickets taken in Women’s One-day International cricket.
(a) UAE’s (b) India’s
(c) Indonesia’s (d) Sri Lanka’s
27. Vassilios Skouris of ______, a former president of the European Court of Justice, was elected head of FIFA’s ethics committee.
(a) Lithuania (b) Serbia
(c) Greece (d) Belgium
28. On May 12, World Health Organization appointed ______ as its Goodwill Ambassador for Hepatitis in South-East Asia.
(a) Priyanka Chopra
(b) Amitabh Bachchan
(c) Amir Khan (d) Shahrukh Khan
29. Of hepatitis virus types, A, B, C, D and E, types ______ are the deadliest.
(a) B and C (b) B and E
(c) A and E (d) A and C
30. The two-day International Belt and Road forum was held on May 14-15 in ______.
(a) Beijing (b) Shanghai
(c) Hangzhou (d) Shenzhen
31. Edouard Philippe is the current prime minister of ______.
(a) Lithuania (b) Greece
(c) France (d) Germany
32. The American Moon rocket Ranger IV landed on the far side of the moon in ——.
(a) 1958 (b) 1960
(c) 1962 (d) 1968
33. Germany’s currency is ______.
(a) Mark (b) Euro
(c) Dollar (d) Peso
34. The Second World War started in ——.
(a) 1934 (b) 1939
(c) 1940 (d) 1942
35. The largest Scandinavian Country is ______.
(a) Denmark (b) Norway
(c) Sweden (d) Finland
36. UN Chinese Language Day is observed on ______.
(a) April 20 (b) April 21
(c) April 22 (d) April 23
37. The first-ever World Ocean Festival will be hosted by ______.
(a) USA (b) China
(c) England (d) Japan
38. —— has been designated as the UNESCO World Book Capital 2018.
(a) São Paulo (b) London
(c) Athens (d) Rome
39. The first country in the world to ban the mining of metals is ______.
(a) Italy (b) Algeria
(c) El Salvador (d) Mozambique
40. Olympic swimmer Yusra Mardini of ______ has been appointed a Goodwill Ambassador for UNHCR.
(a) Lebanon (b) Turkey
(c) Iran (d) Syria
41. The first city in the world to have its own Microsoft font is ______.
(a) Paris (b) Mosul
(c) Athens (d) Dubai
42. The first World Tuna Day was observed on ______.
(a) May 01, 2016 (b) May 02, 2017
(c) May 10, 2017 (d) May 02, 2016
43. India has planned to build the world’s highest railway bridge on ______ River.
(a) Chenab (b) Ganges
(c) Narmada (d) Godavari
44. ______ hosted the United Nations Day of Vesak – 2017.
(a) Sri Lanka (b) India
(c) Bhutan (d) Pakistan
45. The 13th International Defence Industry Fair (IDEF) 2017 was held in
(a) Turkey (b) China
(c) Malaysia (d) UAE