1. Xiaohong Yang is the ______ Country Director for Pakistan.
(a) AFD (b) ADB
(c) AIIB (d) IMF
2. Pakistan’s opener Fakhar Zaman scored ______ runs in the final of the ICC Champions Trophy 2017.
(a) 106 (b) 114
(c) 134 (d) 147
3. Player of the series for the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 was _____.
(a) Fakhar Zaman (b) Hasan Ali
(c) Rohit Sharma (d) Virat Kohli
4. Vegetable Research Institute is located in ______.
(a) Rawalpindi (b) Faisalabad
(c) Lahore (d) Multan
5. Pakistan is ranked —— in annual tomato production in the world.
(a) 22nd (b) 29th
(c) 32nd (d) 34th
6. Pakistan Administrative the Service (PAS) was previously known as ______.
(a) Divisional Management Group
(b) District Management Group
(c) Office Management Group
(d) Pakistan Revenue Services
7. On June 21, —— was appointed president and CEO of Bank Alfalah.
(a) Atif Bajwa (b) Nauman Ansari
(c) Tariq Mahmood(d) Iftikhar Khan
8. On June 21, Pakistan and ______ signed a credit facility agreement of 100 million Euros for the sustainable energy sector reforms programme.
(a) China (b) Japan
(c) Poland (d) France
9. On June 21, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif approved a new distinct category of civil awards for ______.
(a) Environment (b) IT
(c) Letters (d) Education
10. On June 22, the _____ and Pakistan signed a $300 million loan to support public sector enterprises (PSEs).
(a) IMF (b) ADB
(c) AIIB (d) World Bank
11. Pakistan became a full signatory of the Washington Accord on ______.
(a) June 18 (b) June 21
(c) June 22 (d) June 27
12. The Washington Accord, an international agreement among bodies responsible for accrediting engineering degree programmes, was signed in ______.
(a) 1964 (b) 1970
(c) 1989 (d) 2002
13. On June 23, ______ became the first citizen of Pakistan to carry a passport issued with gender-neutral ‘X’ option.
(a) Farzana Jan (b) Almas Bobby
(c) Alisha Khushi (d) Nadeem Kashish
14. On June 23, the first Pakistan-owned early-harvest wind power project constructed under the CPEC framework started commercial operations in ______.
(a) Punjab (b) KP
(c) Sindh (d) Balochistan
15. The United States granted Pakistan the status of a major non-Nato ally (MNNA) in ______.
(a) 2000 (b) 2002
(c) 2003 (d) 2004
16. On June 24, Maham Malik, a Pakistani girl from ______ secured first position in Britain’s Durham Law School examination 2017.
(a) Multan (b) Attock
(c) Mianwali (d) Kharian
17. The tragic oil tanker incident that cost more than 200 lives took place in ______.
(a) Ahmadpur East (b) Jhelum
(c) Bahawalnagar (d) Bahawalpur
18. On ______, Google honoured Pakistan’s iconic calligrapher and painter Sadequain by coming up with a doodle to pay tribute to him on his 87th birthday.
(a) June 24 (b) June 26
(c) June 28 (d) June 30
19. On July 01, Pakistan’s Muhammad Sajjad won the Asian 6-Red Snooker Championship held in ______.
(a) Dubai (b) Bishkek
(c) Karachi (d) Tehran
20. Bishkek is the capital of ______.
(a) Azerbaijan (b) Kyrgyzstan
(c) Turkmenistan (d) Tajikistan
21. On July 03, provincial Law Minister ______ tabled The National Accountability Ordinance 1999 Sindh Repeal Bill, 2017 in Sindh Assembly.
(a) Syed Sardar Ahmed
(b) Ziaul Hasan Lanjar
(c) Murtaza Wahab
(d) Khawaja Izharul Hassan
22. Syed Sardar Ahmed, the only MPA to oppose The National Accountability Ordinance 1999 Sindh Repeal Bill, 2017, is from ______.
(a) PTI (b) PML-N
(c) MQM (d) Awami Tehreek
23. On July 03, Special Assistant to the federal Finance Minister, Tariq Mahmood Pasha, was appointed as chairman of the ______.
(a) NEPRA (b) OGRA
(c) FBR (d) PEMRA
24. Pakistan Security Printing Corporation was established in ______.
(a) 1947 (b) 1948
(c) 1949 (d) 1950
25. On July 05, Pakistan and ______ signed MoUs to explore new avenues of cooperation by increasing collaboration in economy, defence and security, agriculture and education.
(a) China (b) Tajikistan
(c) Turkey (d) Iran
26. On July 05, Pakistan successfully conducted the ‘training launch’ of an improved version of short-range nuclear-capable missile named ______.
(a) Ghauri (b) Nasr
(c) Shaheen (d) Babur
27. The tested version of the Nasr missile has a range of ______.
(a) 60km (b) 65km
(c) 70km (d) 90km
28. On July 06, ______ was appointed the new governor of the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) for the next three years
(a) Zafar Hijazi (b) Riaz Riazuddin
(c) Tariq Raheem (d) Tariq Bajwa
29. On July 06, ______ Gazprom International and Pakistan’s OGDCL signed an MoU to enter into a joint venture deal.
(a) Qatar’s (b) Russia’s
(c) France’s (d) Germany’s
30. On July 07, the ______ Vice President Joel Kaplan assured Pakistan of removing fake accounts and explicit, hateful and provocative material from the website.
(a) Snapchat (b) Facebook
(c) Twitter (d) Google
31. On July 07, Rizwana Hameed became the first lady SHO of a police Station in ______.
(a) Karachi (b) Lahore
(c) Peshawar (d) Faisalabad
32. On July 07, the UNSC slapped sanctions on the TTP splinter group ______.
(a) Ghazi Amalyat (b) Jamaatul Ahrar
(c) Al-Nasra (d) Islamic Front
33. On July 08, ______ became the first female cricketer from Pakistan to represent the country in 100 ODIs.
(a) Asmavia Iqbal (b) Diana Baig
(c) Sana Mir (d) Kainat Imtiaz
34. The Joint Investigation Team (JIT), constituted by the Supreme Court in Panama Papers Case, submitted its report on ______.
(a) July 08 (b) July 10
(c) July 12 (d) July 16
35. On July 11, University of Agriculture Faisalabad (UAF) was ranked ______ best university in Asia.
(a) 12th (b) 17th
(c) 21st (d) 32nd
36. On July 11, the 44th session of the OIC Council of Foreign Ministers (CFM) was held in ______.
(a) Abidjan (b) Tehran
(c) Jakarta (d) Abu Dhabi
37. Pakistan was ranked ______ on the International Property Rights Index (IPRI) 2017.
(a) 100th (b) 117th
(c) 121st (d) 127th
1. On June 16, ______ longest serving post-war leader, Helmut Kohl, died.
(a) Norway’s (b) England’s
(c) Germany’s (d) France’s
2. National Assembly, the lower house of the Parliament of France, has ______ members.
(a) 538 (b) 577
(c) 634 (d) 660
3. On June 19, India became the ______ country to join the Transports Internationaux Routiers (TIR) convention.
(a) 69th (b) 71st
(c) 79th (d) 94th
4. The British Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union is ______.
(a) David Davis (b) Boris Johnson
(c) David Miliband (d) Theresa May
5. North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) consists of ______ independent member countries.
(a) 27 (b) 29
(c) 31 (d) 33
6. On June 19, ______ and Afghanistan opened the first air cargo corridor between them.
(a) Russia (b) China
(c) India (d) Saudi Arabia
7. On June 21, Otto Warmbier, the US student who was released in a coma after nearly 18 months in detention in _____, died.
(a) North Korea (b) Iran
(c) Mexico (d) China
8. On June 22, ______ and Ireland were approved as Full Members by the International Cricket Council (ICC).
(a) UAE (b) Nepal
(c) Afghanistan (d) China
9. As per “The World Population Prospects: The 2017 Revision,” the global population will reach 11.184 billion by ______.
(a) 2050 (b) 2100
(c) 2117 (d) 2150
10. On June 27, the EU hit ______ with a record 2.4-billion-euro anti-trust fine.
(a) Facebook (b) Yahoo
(c) Google (d) Twitter
11. On June 30, the United Nations approved a nearly ______ cut to its peacekeeping budget.
(a) $500 million (b) $600 million
(c) $700 million (d) $800 million
12. On July 02, Germany beat ______ in a thrilling game to lift the Confederations Cup.
(a) France (b) USA
(c) Chile (d) Portugal
13. Currency of Syria is ______.
(a) Dinar (b) Pound
(c) Riyal (d) Dirham
14. The denomination of Syrian currency note that has Bashar al-Assad’s picture on it is ______.
(a) 1000 (b) 2000
(c) 2500 (d) 5000
15. On July 03, Narendra Modi became India’s first-ever Prime Minister to visit ______.
(a) Maldives (b) Cuba
(c) Israel (d) Palestine
16. The United States lifted a ban on laptops in cabins on flights from Abu Dhabi to the United States on ______.
(a) July 03 (b) July 05
(c) July 07 (d) July 09
17. North Korea announced to have conducted a successful first intercontinental ballistic missile test on ______.
(a) July 03 (b) July 04
(b) July 06 (c) July 09
18. ______ Monte dei Paschi di Siena (BMPS) is the world’s oldest bank.
(a) Greece’s (b) Germany’s
(c) Sweden’s (d) Italy’s
19. Albert Londres Prize is ______ highest journalism prize.
(a) France’s (b) Lithuania’s
(c) Denmark’s (d) Norway’s
20. The 2017 G20 Summit was hekld in ______.
(a) Munich (b) Bonn
(c) Hamburg (d) Berlin
21. On July 07, ______ countries adopted the global treaty banning nuclear weapons.
(a) 101 (b) 117
(c) 122 (d) 153
22. On ______, India’s top court ruled that sacred Ganges and Yamuna rivers cannot be considered “living entities”.
(a) July 05 (b) July 07
(c) July 09 (d) July 10
23. On July 10, a noted businessman and martial arts expert Khaltmaa Battulga was sworn in as president of ______.
(a) Thailand (b) Mongolia
(c) The Philippines (d) Maldives
24. The current Prime Minster of Iraq is ______.
(a) Ayad Allawi (b) Ibrahim al-Jaafari
(c) Haider al-Abadi (d) Nuri Al-Maliki
25. On July 11, the United States and ______ signed an agreement aimed at combating the financing of terrorism.
(a) UAE (b) Saudi Arabia
(c) Qatar (d) Bahrain
26. On July 11, the European Court of Human Rights upheld a ______ ban on wearing the full-face niqab (veil) in public.
(a) Swedish (b) Belgian
(c) Danish (d) French
27. European Court of Human Rights is based in ______, France.
(a) Lyon (b) Nice
(c) Strasbourg (d) Paris
28. China’s first overseas military base is being established in ______.
(a) Sudan (b) Djibouti
(c) Ethiopia (d) Pakistan
29. The Horn of Africa denotes the region containing the countries of Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia and______.
(a) Somalia (b) Kenya
(c) Ghana (d) Mozambique
30. On July 12, former ______ President, Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva was convicted on corruption charges.
(a) Brazilian (b) Argentinean
(c) Sri Lankan (d) Swedish
31. On July 12, Indian cricket captain ______ became the highest run-scorer in women’s One-day Internationals.
(a) Thirush Kamini (b) Latika Kumari
(c) Mithali Raj (d) Smriti Mandhana
32. On July 13, the European Union launched legal action against ______.
(a) UK (b) Serbia
(c) Hungary (d) Finland
33. On July 14, the UN Security Council extended the mandate of the UN Assistance Mission for ______ until July 31, 2018.
(a) Sudan (b) Iraq
(c) Haiti (d) Kenya
34. Maryam Mirzakhani, an Iranian-born mathematician who was the first woman to win the coveted Fields Medal, died on ______.
(a) July 12 (b) July 14
(c) July 15 (d) July 16
35. On July 15, ______ Kim Hong-bin, who had lost all his fingers, scaled Nanga Parbat.
(a) North Korea’s (b) China’s
(c) South Korea’s (d) Taiwan’s
36. On June 23, 1956, ______ was elected as the first president of the Republic of Egypt.
(a) Gamal Abdel Nasser
(b) Muhammad Naguib
(c) Anwar Sadat
(d) Sufi Abu Taleb
37. State religion of Egypt is _______.
(a) Islam (b) Christianity
(c) None (d) Shiism
38. Rungrado 1st of May Stadium, the biggest sports stadium in the world, is located in ______.
(a) Japan (b) USA
(c) North Korea (d) Germany
39. World Population Day is observed on ______.
(a) July 09 (b) July 10
(c) July 11 (d) July 12
40. International Malala Day is observed every year on ______.
(a) July 08 (b) July 10
(c) July 11 (d) July 12