1. On Oct 16, Pakistan and ______ signed a government-to-government deal for laying a $2.5 billion pipeline to carry imported LNG from Karachi to Lahore.
(a) China (b) Turkey
(c) Japan (d) Russia
2. On Oct 20, Pakistan ratified WTO’s Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA), becoming the ______ WTO member, first from South Asia.
(a) 42nd (b) 46th
(c) 51st (d) 60th
3. On Oct 22, Pakistan and the ______ signed a loan agreement of $178 million for building the Gojra-Shorkot section of Motorway M-4.
(a) Islamic Development Bank
(b) International Monetary Fund
(c) World Bank
(d) Asian Development Bank
4. On Oct 22, an eminent journalist ______ was appointed as Chairman Pemra.
(a) Ansar Abbasi (b) Najam Sethi
(c) Absar Alam (d) Imtiaz Alam
5. On Oct 28, the 11th meeting of Pakistan-Turkey High-Level Military Dialogue Group (HLMDG) concluded in ______.
(a) Istanbul (b) Ankara
(c) Islamabad (d) Karachi
6. Babar Yaqoob Fateh Malik is the incumbent Secretary of ______.
(a) Interior Ministry
(b) Finance Division
(c) Ministry of Defence
7. On World Bank’s ‘Ease of Doing Business Index’ 2015, Pakistan has been ranked ______ out of 189 countries.
(a) 138th (b) 146th
(c) 157th (d) 163rd
8. On Oct 29, ______ renewed its proposal for a currency swap arrangement with Pakistan to promote trade.
(a) Iran (b) Sweden
(c) China (d) Turkey
9. The incumbent president of the Supreme Court Bar Association is ______.
(a) Yaseen Azad (b) Hamid Khan
(c) Syed Ali Zafar
(d) Kaleem A. Khurshid
10. Pakistan and ______ concluded their first joint counter-terrorism exercises code-named As-Shahab-1.
(a) Saudi Arabia (b) Afghanistan
(c) Iran (d) Nepal
11. On Oct 30, ______ was appointed as the Inspector General of Balochistan Police.
(a) Sohail Akhtar (b) Ahsan Mehboob
(c) Babar Malik (d) Shahzad Akbar
12. Bakhytbek Shabarbayev, who was designated as new Dean of Diplomatic Corps in Pakistan on Nov 01, is the current Ambassador of ______ to Pakistan.
(a) Kazakhstan (b) Argentina
(c) Russia (d) Tajikistan
13. Supreme Judicial Council of Pakistan is headed by ______.
(a) President of Pakistan
(b) Chief Justice of Pakistan
(c) Senior Puisne Judge of SC
(d) Federal Minister for Law
14. On Nov 03, the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) and the ______ signed a joint work plan to promote a child-centred disaster risk reduction approach in Pakistan.
(a) WHO (b) Unicef
(c) World Bank (d) Unesco
15. The present Chairman of the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) is ______.
(a) Maj Gen Asghar Nawaz
(b) Maj Gen M. Saeed Aleem
(c) Maj Gen Malik Farooq
(d) Maj Gen Ashfaq Nadeem
16. Chief Justice of Pakistan, Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali, addressed the Senate of Pakistan on ______.
(a) Nov 02 (b) Nov 03
(c) Nov 04 (d) Nov 05
17. On Nov 05, Justice Ijazul Hassan was appointed as Chief Justice of the ______ High Court.
(a) Lahore (b) Sindh
(c) Balochistan (d) Peshawar
18. On Nov 06, Pakistan suspended an agreement on readmission of illegal immigrants with the ______.
(a) Germany (b) EU
(c) USA (d) UK
19. On Nov 07, in its latest World Economic Outlook report, the ______ included Pakistan in emerging market economies.
(a) World Bank (b) IMF
(c) IDB (d) Eurobank
20. On Nov 08, Prime Minister Sharif formed a five-member committee, headed by______, for finalising reforms in Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata).
(a) Irfan Siddiqi (b) Sartaj Aziz
(c) Engr Amir Muqam
(d) Pir Sabir Shah
21. On Nov 09, Pakistan finalised a 15-year $16 billion liquefied natural gas (LNG) deal with ______.
(a) Qatar (b) Russia
(c) Iran (d) Kazakhstan
22. On Nov 10, the Prime Minister performed the groundbreaking of the ______ Balloki Power Plant near Kasur.
(a) 1,212MW (b) 1,223MW
(c) 1,339MW (d) 1,390MW
23. On Nov 11, Pakistan handed over ______ acres of land to China for establishing a free trade zone at Gwadar.
(a) 512 (b) 547
(c) 612 (d) 637
24. On Nov 12, the Supreme Court of Pakistan restored the old magistracy system in ______ at the request of the provincial government.
(a) Balochistan (b) Khyber PK
(c) Sindh (d) Punjab
25. On Nov 13, Ambassador______, Permanent Representative of Pakistan to the United Nations and Other International Organisations in Geneva, was elected as president of the Fifth Review Conference of the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons (CCS).
(a) Masood Khan
(b) Wajid Shamsul Hassan
(c) Dr Tauqir Shah
(d) Tehmina Janjua
26. The Durand Line Agreement, which created international border between Afghanistan and today’s Pakistan, was signed on ______, 1893.
(a) Nov 08 (b) Nov 10
(c) Nov 12 (d) Nov 14
1. On Oct 16, the US appointed ______ as the new US Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan
(a) Marc Siegel (b) Richard Olson
(c) Ken Taylor (d) Dan Feldman
2. The UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) is headquartered at ______.
(a) Shanghai (b) Singapore
(c) Bangkok (d) Jakarta
3. The current Executive Secretary of the UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) is ______.
(a) Aynul Hasan
(b) Shamshad Akhtar
(c) Yuwei Li (d) Adnan Aliani
4. On Oct 16, ______ and Indonesian state-owned companies signed a $5.5 billion deal to build the first high-speed railway in Indonesia.
(a) Chinese (b) Japanese
(c) German (d) French
5. On Oct 19, India, the United States and ______ wrapped up six days of naval exercises in the Bay of Bengal.
(a) Taiwan (b) Thailand
(c) Japan (d) Vietnam
6. The Malabar Exercise is conducted annually by the US and India off the Andamans archipelago in the ______.
(a) Mahim Bay (b) Menai Bay
(c) Bay of Bengal
(d) Great Nicobar Bay
7. Ottawa id the capital of ______.
(a) Niger (b) New Zealand
(c) Laos (d) Canada
8. On Oct 20: Russia and ______ signed an MoU that establishes measures so their pilots steer clear of each other as they conduct separate bombing campaigns in Syria.
(a) UAE (b) US
(c) Iran (d) France
9. On Oct 21, Iran’s ______ endorsed a landmark nuclear deal reached with world powers.
(a) Supreme Leader
(c) Head of the Guardian Council
(d) Supreme Leader
10. On Oct 21, Unesco approved a resolution from a group of Arab states criticising ______ for failing to protect heritage sites and rebuild regions destroyed by war.
(a) Syria (b) Israel
(c) EU (d) US
11. On Oct 23, Russia and ______ agreed to coordinate military operations in Syria.
(a) Germany (b) Jordan
(c) France (d) Iran
12. On Oct 25, the global celebrations to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the United Nations kicked off in ______.
(a) USA (b) Australia
(c) S. Korea (d) New Zealand
13. On Oct 26, Jimmy Morales, best known for his television comedy show, won ______ presidential election.
(a) Canada’s (b) Guatemala’s
(c) Austria’s (d) Bolivia’s
14. Joko Widodo is the current president of ______.
(a) Indonesia (b) Malaysia
(c) Bhutan (d) Cyprus
15. Kosovo declared independence from ______ in 2008.
(a) Croatia (b) Russia
(c) Serbia (d) Poland
16. On Oct 28, Bidhya Devi Bhandari was elected as the first female president of _____.
(a) Bhutan (b) Nepal
(c) Cambodia (d) Maldives
17. On Oct 28, ______ created a vast marine sanctuary which covers an underwater wonderland containing 1,300 species of fish and 700 types of coral.
(a) Spain (b) Palau
(c) Mauritius (d) Macau
18. United Nations Human Rights Council consists of ______ members.
(a) 47 (b) 50
(c) 52 (d) 57
19. Ivory Coast is located in ______.
(a) N. America (b) Asia
(c) S. America (d) Africa
20. Having a membership of 191 Member States and Territories, the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) is headquartered at ______.
(a) Paris (b) Geneva
(c) Rome (d) New York
21. Oct 29, the US lawmakers elected ______ as speaker of the House of Representatives.
(a) Nancy Pelosi (b) John Lewis
(c) Paul Ryan (d) Jim Cooper
22. On Oct 29, ______ was awarded the European Parliament’s prestigious Sakharov Human Rights Prize.
(a) Raif Badawi (b) Salma Zahid
(c) Ali Alvani (d) Navid Kermani
23. On Oct 30, US President Barack Obama authorised the first sustained deployment of “fewer than 50” special operations forces to ______.
(a) Iraq (b) Afghanistan
(c) Syria (d) Yemen
24. The Blue House is the executive office and official residence of the President of ______.
(a) Mauritius (b) N. Korea
(c) Laos (d) S. Korea
25. Myanmar held its first free nationwide election in 25 years on ______.
(a) Nov 06 (b) Nov 08
(c) Nov 10 (d) Nov 12
26. On Nov 09, Iran appointed Mazich Afkham its first woman ambassador since the 1979 Islamic revolution to head its embassy in______.
(a) Malaysia (b) Pakistan
(c) Saudi Arabia (d) India
27. The 2015 G20 Leaders’ Summit, the tenth meeting of the G-20 heads of government, was held in ______, Turkey.
(a) Istanbul (b) Ankara
(c) Antalya (d) Attalea
1. On Oct 25, Pakistan’s record-breaking batsman Younis Khan became ______ fastest player to accumulate 9,000 runs in Test cricket.
(a) Fifth (b) Sixth
(c) Seventh (d) Eighth
2. On Oct 25, ______ became the first Associate nation to defeat a Test-playing country in a One-day International series.
(a) Ireland (b) Afghanistan
(c) Kenya (d) UAE
3. On Oct 31, New Zealand beat ______ to become rugby world champions for a record third time.
(a) England (b) USA
(c) Japan (d) Australia
4. On Nov 03, ______ made history by becoming the first female jockey to win Australia’s 154-year-old Melbourne Cup.
(a) Ashley Yodice
(b) Aymara Rivero
(c) Katie Walsh
(d) Michelle Payne
5. On Nov 15, ______ paceman Mitchell Starc bowled the fastest delivery in Test cricket history, at 160.4 kilometres per hour (99.7 mph).
(a) Australian (b) S. African
(c) New Zealander (d) English
6. The current President of Board of Cricket Control in India (BCCI) is ______.
(b) Anurag Thakur
(c) Shashank Manohar
(d) Shashi Tharoor
1. Yawar Saeed, former manager of Pakistan Cricket Team, passed away on ______.
(a) Oct 21 (b) Oct 23
(c) Oct 24 (d) Oct 26
2. On Nov 01, a veteran Pakhtun nationalist and a leader of ______, Afzal Khan Lala, passed away.
(a) ANP (b) PML-N
(c) PPP (d) JUI(F)
3. On Nov 07, Yitzhak Navon, who served as ______ fifth president, died.
(a) Israel’s (b) Germany’s
(c) Belgium’s (d) Netherland’s
4. On Nov 08, Abdul Karim al-Eryani, a former prime minister of ______ and diplomat, died.
(a) Egypt (b) Iran
(C) Yemen (d) Iraq