1. First anniversary of APS attack was observed on ______.
(a) Dec 15 (b) Dec 16
(c) Dec 17 (d) Dec 21
2. On Dec 16, Pakistan confirmed its participation in a 34-nation military alliance led by ______.
(a) Iran (b) UAE
(c) Saudi Arabia (d) Qatar
3. TAPI gas pipeline will enter Pakistan near ______.
(a) Peshawar (b) Chaman
(c) Zhob (d) Quetta
4. On Dec 18, the IMF executive board approved 10th tranche of around ______ for Pakistan.
(a) $400 million (b) $500 million
(c) $800 million (d) $900 million
5. National Economic Council, chaired by the Prime Minister of Pakistan, is constituted under Article ______ of the Constitution.
(a) 143 (b) 156
(c) 158 (d) 160
6. On Dec 20, a new programme ‘Beneficiaries Outreach and Communication Strategy,’ was launched by ______.
(a) Nadra (b) BISP
(c) Ministry of Information
(d) Ministry of Communications
7. On Dec 20, ______ was appointed as special public prosecutor on the cases against Dr Asim Hussain.
(a) Nisar Ahmad Durrani
(b) Mushtaq Jahangiri
(c) Naved Khwaja (d) Farogh Naseem
8. On Dec 21, Pakistan and ______ signed an agreement on coal mining project and a 660-megawatt coal-fired power plant in Tharparkar.
(a) China (b) Turkey
(c) Indonesia (d) Germany
9. On Dec 21, the federal government signed an agreement with ______ for provision of 162 billion rupees for the Orange Line Metro Train project.
(a) Asian Development Bank
(b) BRICS Bank
(c) Exim Bank of China
(d) Bank of China
10. The current chairman of the Pakistan Television Corporation is ______.
(a) Ataul Haq Qasmi
(b) Zafar Samdani
(c) Muhamamd Malik
(d) Absar Alam
11. On Dec 23, COAS Gen Raheel Sharif inaugurated the first Fata Youth Festival in ______
(a) S. Waziristan (b) Peshawar
(c) N. Waziristan (d) Charsadda
12. The PTI candidate Jehangir Khan Tareen won election in National Assembly constituency ______.
(a) NA-154 (b) NA-153
(c) NA-158 (d) NA-164
13. On Dec 24, Raheela Durrani was elected unopposed speaker of the ______ Assembly.
(a) First Women (b) Balochistan
(c) Khyber PK (d) Punjab
14. On Dec 24, Barrister Miangul Hassan Aurangzeb took oath as the judge of the ______ High Court.
(a) Sindh (b) Islamabad
(c) Balochistan (d) Peshawar
15. On Dec 24, Nawab Sanaullah Zehri of ______ was elected as the new chief minister of Balochistan.
(a) PML-N (b) PkMAP
(c) National Party (d) PML-Q
16. On ______, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid a surprise visit to Pakistan.
(a) Dec 24 (b) Dec 26
(c) Dec 28 (d) Dec 30
17. Narendra Modi is the ______ Indian Prime Minister to visit Pakistan.
(a) Third (b) Fourth
(c) Fifth (d) Sixth
18. On Dec 26, a new political party namely ‘Pakistan Justice Democratic Critic Party (PJDCP)’ was launched by ______.
(a) Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry
(b) Abid Hassan Manto
(c) Kamil Ali Agha
(d) Aitzaz Ahsan
19. On Dec 26, Pakistan and Royal ______ Navies concluded bilateral exercise “Exercise Shaheen Al Jazeera”.
(a) Saudi (b) Bahrain
(c) UAE (d) Qatar
20. On Dec 28, two INGOs ______ and Medecins Sans Frontiers (MSF) were formally allowed to operate in Pakistan under the new procedure.
(a) Oxfam (b) Qatar Charity
(c) Islamic Relief (d) World Vision
21. On Jan 02, the ______ Islamic Development Bank (IDB) approved financing of $90 million to assist the polio eradication programme in Pakistan during 2016-18.
(a) Jeddah-based (b) Riyadh-based
(c) Dubai-based (d) Jakarta-based
22. On Jan 06, Pakistan approached the ______ government to withdraw one of its senior diplomats, Moshumi Rahman.
(a) Afghanistan (b) Bangladesh
(c) India (d) Maldives
23. The first women assembly of Swat has been formed under ______ voice & accountability programme, Awaz.
(a) Blue Veins’ (b) APWA’s
(d) Aurat Foundation’s
24. On Jan 07, Netflix, the world’s leading video-streaming network, based in ______ announced the launch of its services in Pakistan.
(a) Washington (b) California
(c) Paris (d) Rome
25. Gautam Bambawale is the current ______ High Commissioner to Pakistan.
(a) Nepalese (b) Bhutanese
(c) Maldivian (d) Indian
26. On Jan 12, the Balochistan cabinet consisting of ______ ministers took oath.
(a) 08 (b) 10
(c) 12 (d) 15
27. On Jan 13, the government allowed PSO to sign LNG Sale Purchase Agreement with ______.
(a) RasGas (b) Qatargas
(c) Qatar Pet (d) Sonatrach
29. Pakistan’s foreign policy “is determined basically by the fact of geography which cannot change with shifts in the global policies of the Big Powers,” this was stated by ______.
(a) ZA Bhutto (b) Ayub Khan
(c) Sir Zafrullah (d) Fatima Jinnah
1. World Falconry Day is observed on ______.
(a) Nov 15 (b) Nov 16
(c) Nov 17 (d) Nov 19
2. Exim Bank of China is headquartered at ______.
(a) Shanghai (b) Hong Kong
(c) Beijing (d) Guangzhou
3. On Dec 17, Afghanistan became the ______ member of WTO.
(a) 162nd (b) 164th
(c) 166th (d) 174th
4. RUSADA is the anti-doping agency of ______.
(a) Russia (b) USA
(c) FIFA (d) Germany
5. On Dec 17, delegates from ______ warring factions signed a UN-brokered agreement to form a national government.
(a) Syria’s (b) Philippines’
(c) Libya’s (d) Malaysia’s
6. On Dec 19, the Geneva-based ______ agreed to abolish all agricultural export subsidies of developed countries immediately.
(a) UNAIDS (b) ILO
(c) WTO (d) WMO
7. The Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is an ethnic conflict between Armenia and ______.
(a) Turkmenistan (b) Turkey
(c) Russia (d) Azerbaijan
8. On Dec 19, ______ Mireia Lalaguna Royo was named the winner of the Miss World 2015 competition.
(a) Latvia’s (b) Spain’s
(c) France’s (d) Palestine’s
9. On Dec 20, ______ first Islamic-compliant airline Rayani Air began operations.
(a) Indonesia’s (b) Saudi Arabia’s
(c) Kuwait’s (d) Malaysia’s
10. On Dec 21, China appointed ______ as its first counter-terrorism chief.
(a) Li Zhaoxing (b) Liu Yuejin
( c) Yang Jiechi (d) Wang Yi
11. On Dec 21, Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach of ______ was crowned Miss Universe 2015.
(a) Croatia (b) Colombia
(c) Denmark (d) Philippines
12. The first Asian country to approve the sale of the world’s first-ever dengue vaccine is ______.
(a) S. Korea (b) Philippines
(c) China (d) Thailand
13. Japanese fiscal year starts on ______
(a) April 01 (b) July 01
(c) September 01 (d) December 01
14. On Dec 24, India’s Reliance Defence signed a manufacturing and maintenance deal potentially worth $6 billion with ______ Almaz-Antey.
(a) China’s (b) Japan’s
(c) Russia’s (d) Germany’s
15. On Dec 02, the new building of Afghanistan parliament was inaugurated by ______.
(a) Ashraf Ghani (b) John Kerry
(d) Xi Jinping (d) Narendra Modi
16. On Dec 28, South Korea and ______ reached agreement on their dispute over wartime sex slaves.
(a) N. Korea (b) Japan
(c) Cambodia (d) China
17. Ramadi is a famous town in ______.
(a) Syria (b) Iraq
(c) Iran (d) Turkey
18. On Dec 29, Saudi Arabia and ______ agreed on the need to set up a “strategic cooperation council” to strengthen military, economic and investment cooperation between the two countries.
(a) Turkey (b) Pakistan
(c) Russia (d) Indonesia
19. Frank Worrell Trophy is related to ______.
(a) Tennis (b) Soccer
(c) Badminton (d) Cricket
20. On Dec 29, Roch Marc Kabore was sworn in as the new president of ______.
(a) Niger (b) Burkina Faso
(c) Kenya (d) Somalia
21. On Dec 30, ______ closed its oldest nuclear reactor, Wylfa 1, after nearly 45 years of operation.
(a) Russia (b) Germany
(c) Britain (d) France
22. Asean Economic Community was officially launched on ______.
(a) Dec 31, 2015 (b) Jan 01, 2016
(c) Jan 03, 2016 (d) Jan 04, 2016
23. Kiev is the capital of ______.
(a) Canada (b) Serbia
(c) Ukraine (d) Croatia
24. The universal government of the Catholic Church and operates from Vatican City State is known as ______.
(a) Vatican Govt (b) The Holy City
(c) Papal Rule (d) The Holy See
25. Saudi Arabia executed Shia religious leader Nimr al-Nimr on ______.
(a) Dec 30 (b) Dec 31
(c) Jan 02 (d) Jan 03
26. Makarim Wibisono, a United Nations special investigator into alleged Israeli human rights abuses in the Palestinian territories, belonged to ______.
(a) Indonesia (b) Malaysia
(c) Thailand (d) Sudan
27. The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) is headquartered at ______.
(a) New York (b) California
(c) The Hague (d) Paris
28. Marissa Mayer is the Chief Executive of ______.
(a) AOL (b) Google
(c) Microsoft (d) Yahoo!
29. The Dag Hammarskjöld Library is located in ______.
(a) Bonn (b) New York
(c) Bern (d) Geneva
30. Minsk is the capital of ______.
(a) Laos (b) Latvia
(c) Portugal (d) Finland
1. On Dec 17, Pakistan’s Kaleemullah signed a contract with Tulsa Roughnecks FC based in ______.
(a) Madrid (b) Oklahoma
(c) Paris (d) Brasilia
2. On Dec 21, ______ won the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award for 2015.
(a) Rafael Nadal (b) Andy Murray
(c) Alastair Cook (d) Wayne Rooney
3. On Dec 23, ______ joined Pakistan Super League (PSL) team, Peshawar Zalmi as mentor.
(a) Wasim Akram (b) Javed Miandad
(c) Zaheer Abbas (d) Imran Khan
4. On Dec 28, ______ star football player Lionel Messi won the best player of the seventh edition of the Globe Soccer Awards.
(a) Brazil (b) Portugal
(c) Argentina (d) Spain
1. Popular playwright and actor Syed Kamal Ahmed Rizvi passed away on ______.
(a) Dec 15 (b) Dec 16
(c) Dec 17 (d) Dec 18
2. ______, who died on Dec 29 was the first MD and executive of PTV, and was widely hailed as the “Father of Pakistan Television”.
(a) Aslam Azhar (b) Zafar Alam
(c) Azhar Lodhi (d) Zafar Meraj
3. Mufti Mohammad Sayeed, the chief minister of India-held Kashmir, died on ______.
(a) Jan 07 (b) Jan 08
(c) Jan 09 (d) Jan 10
4. Princess Ashraf Pahlavi, the twin sister of Iran’s shah, ______, died on Jan 09.
(a) Abdul Reza Pahlavi
(b) Mohammad Ali Foroughi
(c) Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi
(d) Hamid Reza Pahlavi
5. On Jan 11, a famous ______ music legend David Bowie died at the age of 69.
(a) Spanish (b) British
(c) Finnish (d) America